VetCor

www.vetcor.com
  www.vetcor.com
There are newer employer reviews for VetCor

Highest standard of care in veterinary medicine today

Current Employee - Hospital Manager in Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Hospital Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at VetCor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Vetcor owns clinics with the highest standards of patient care, but they are flexible enough to allow each clinic to have its own individual means for this care. They allow the management and chiefs of staff to manage the day-to-day aspects while handling much of the behind-the-scenes items for clinic operation. Many people might stray from a "corporate" animal hospital, but since our inclusion with VetCor, some of our prices have gone down, not up. All of the management and corporate folks are extremely friendly and wonderful to interact with.

Cons

None that I can think of

9 Other Employee Reviews for VetCor (View Most Recent)

Employee Observations

I worked at VetCor

Pros

Employees’ honesty about turnover, lack of incentives, vendor repayment and executive management’s transparency.

Cons

This firm is approximately $200MM with 1,500 employees yet there is no HR department only a junior recruitment specialist who is limited. Employees openly discuss the lack of benefits – state minimum insurance with 60% coverage, 7 corporate holidays, 5 vacation days and no bonuses, cost of living increases or performance reviews. Employees express frustration over working for a healthcare firm which doesn’t prioritize healthcare for employees. Reports of employees on food stamps were disturbing.

Something has gone awry in recent times – employees used to have open, positive interactions. The last image I have is of people in corporate not smiling.

Not necessary as business activity indicates a sell off in the near future.

Wonderful group to work for!

I have been working at VetCor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Advancement if you are interested. Feel like the folks at the top listen to feedback. Fair pay and recognition for hard work.

Cons

Growing fast, not enough support people in the field

Be sure there are enough people to support all the hospitals.

There are newer employer reviews for VetCor