Veterans Medical Center
www.puget-sound.med.va.gov Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

VA - a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Dietetic Intern (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe Dietetic Internship is strong, and has a great reputation. I thought when I was coming in that it would be an amazing and challenging year, but it really turned out to just be challenging.

ConsBureaucracy, lots of frustrations and being treated like a kid by some of the higher ups. I though that this would be a place where I would make great connections, and I did connect with some of the medical staff and other interns, but overall, the RDs treated us condescendingly, which was really awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make the interns feel more welcome so we will come work for you! Almost none of us ever wanted to see that place again.

Not even close to being a good place to work.

Ultrasonographer (Former Employee)
    Tacoma, WA

I worked at Veterans Medical Center

Pros: The benefits are from the government. Huge stable organization. Cons: Run down dark and dingy facilities with out-dated equipment. The staff seems miserable and not of the highest caliber. A lot of the… Advice to Senior Management: Clean up the facilities and make even the grounds non-smoking. Set… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Somewhat chaotic...Management could be stronger

(Former Employee)

I worked at Veterans Medical Center

Pros: Flexible schedules Most people are friendly Salary above minimum wage Cons: Supervisors failed to solve staffing problems and issues in reasonable time Very little accountability for bad performance Hospital holds onto bad employees instead of letting them… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out who the good employees are and give them a reason to stay Figure out who the low performing,… More
There are newer reviews on Veterans Medical Center.

Worked for Veterans Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Veterans Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Veterans Medical Center CEO Stan Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Veterans Medical Center employees.