Veterans United Home Loans

Outstanding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

The energy in this place is incredible. The management here is all about going after new ideas and trying new things. There is always something new to try, something new to work on. The "go get em" attitude is infectious and makes you want to do more, learn more, try harder and excel. The management and employees are dedicated to giving back to the community. It's not just lip service here. It's the real deal. The Foundation we started is an example of that. It's not like any other company I have ever worked at. I'd highly recommend this as a place to work for anyone.

Cons

The growth has been hard to stay on top of. More management experience for new managers.

Keep focused on getting better, not just growing. Invest in good people and continue to give back to the community. Giving back is at the heart of the culture here and I am glad to see this comes from the owners of the company.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Veterans United Home Loans (View Most Recent)

Notice how a lot of these reviews are written in similar manners, very shady and it shows

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

They give you free lunch on Mondays and have a decent benefit package. Salary is OK, but not great. They give a lot to the community.

Cons

Well, for starters, look at the reviews on here. It looks like to me they sent their marketing interns to spend a couple of hours boasting the company. However, this place is not a 4.6/5.0, it is barely a 3.0/5.0. Half of the employees who work here are great. They are friendly, passionate, go-getters, and love their job. The problem is the other half. The half that couldn't get a job in the real professional world. Rude, excuse-makers, and plain ignorant. There are several managers like someone listed below who are a joke. Outside of VUHL, they couldn't manage a fast food restaurant. They don't have any type of structure, either. Don't expect to know what is going on from one day to the next. VUHL does give a lot to the Columbia community, but it comes at the expense of Veterans of our country.

Stop and think what they sell....they in no way have anything better to offer a veteran than a local bank who you can see EVERY day if you needed to. The set up isn't one that seems like it could last for more than 10 years at most.

Too many uneducated people here. It seems like almost everyone is 22 years old and graduated last month. They party a lot but they will never compare to a respectful fortune 500 company with the talent-less people they hire.

Hire people who can PROVE management skills/business knowledge. Don't just hire everyone who walks in the door. Go out of town and recruit region wide, not just in Columbia. The best students in the area get real jobs at a respectful company.

Veterans United Home Loans Response

Aug 27, 2013Recruitment Rockstar

Reposting the co-founder's response from May 2012 that was deleted by Glassdoor:

We take all feedback seriously, so I want to thank you for the comments. However, I wanted to help address a few of
    ... More

One of the best internships available while going to school

Current Employee - Intern in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Intern in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

Everything, free Monday lunches, everyone is friendly, lots of perks, opportunity of advancement, people are all caring, lots and lots of fun. Very good environment.

Cons

Really the only downside to working at VAMortgageCenter.com is that they are hiring people so fast it is very hard to keep up with every and there new positions.

Keep doing what you are doing it is a great place to work, just make sure you do not grow to fast and lose control in an industry already so shaky.

There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans