Veterans United Home Loans

www.veteransunited.com
There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans

A company committed to excellence

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been blown away with the overall awesomeness of Veterans United. The people who work here are energetic, motivated, fun, hard-working, and welcoming. Everyone is happy and excited to be a part of such an amazing and growing company. They are passionate about their jobs and helping people. The values of the company are not just writing on the wall, but a company culture that is visible in everything done here. On top of that, the benefits and perks are something I only imagined was possible in my job: free lunches, free massages, fun outings, free healthy (and unhealthy) food and drinks, Nerf gun wars, contests, prizes, games, family get-togethers, lunch & learns...all of which cause you to be surrounded by happy and productive employees. I'm excited to see where my career here takes me.

Cons

If you cannot have fun at work while being productive this isn't the company for you. Work hard, play hard. It's not the normal mortgage company or any company for that matter--it's a fun and dynamic culture. Change is very normal around here with the expansion of the company so if you don't like change you might reconsider working here.

102 Other Employee Reviews for Veterans United Home Loans (View Most Recent)

An incredible experience!

Current Employee - Online Marketing in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Online Marketing in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Overall a great company to work for! I love the people, management, and owners. VU takes their values very seriously, and it permeates into all aspects of the organization. They also treat their interns very well! I get paid $12/hour to do what I love... online marketing. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

If you work in the marketing department, you spend a lot of time in front of the computer.

A Company with an end in sight.

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

A lot of the workers are friendly people/young and very active in the community. VUHL is very charitable and has a reputation to back it up. The offices are brand new and very nice.

Cons

The problem with this organization is that it has hired an weak base for growth. At least 33% of VUHL employees are not competent enough to do their jobs. The reasons many tech start ups grow and make lots of money--highly educated/highly skilled/highly intelligent base of employees and leaders...something VUHL does not have. There are lots of youngsters and that isn't always a bad thing, but for VUHL it is. They just don't have the intellectual talent to stay in business another 10 years. This is a job I am constantly looking forward to replace. I feel like my hard work in college could be better used elsewhere.

On another note, the business model isn't sustainable. Eventually veterans will realize they would much rather have face to face contact with people they owe hundreds of thousands of dollars to. Bottom line, these jobs are not long lasting, are not filled with intellectual capital, and VUHL will not be around forever. Because at this point, you can apply for 5 jobs at vuhl and get all of them without any skills.

Do a massive overhaul! Start recruiting at top flight students at other universities rather than just the bottom of the class students at the local schools. You need my intellectual capital period! Replace many of your managers, they are downright horrible (some of them).

Veterans United Home Loans Response

Aug 27, 2013Recruitment Rockstar

Reposting the co-founder's response from May 2012 that was deleted by Glassdoor:

We certainly appreciate all feedback and so I want to thank you for your comments. However, I would also like a
    ... More