Veterans United Home Loans

www.veteransunited.com
  www.veteransunited.com
There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans

Who knew work could be this fun?

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Columbia, MO
Current Employee - Loan Processor in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

1. The group of people I work with feel way more like a family than just coworkers.
2. There is a mutual understanding that employees have a life outside of work and you aren't expected to sacrifice it to keep your job.
3. Experience doesn't matter as much as hard work and integrity.
4. I can feel proud about every loan that I close.
5. The best benefits I've ever had.
6. Practically no dress code: gym shorts and flip flops are a normal occurance
7. Management is willing to listen, no matter how silly or seemingly meaningless the probelm is.

Cons

1. When things get busy the hours can be long.
2.. Promotions often come from within, but oppurtunities for advancement aren't plentiful.

Keep up the great work! I've never worked at a company who had so few disgruntled employees and I think it's a direct resutl of the corporate culture.

99 Other Employee Reviews for Veterans United Home Loans (View Most Recent)

Great Internship Opportunity!

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

I have had the opportunity to be able to see many different aspects of mortgage lending. Since I would like to enter this field after graduation, I will be ahead of the curb and have a greater understanding of how the system works as a whole.

The VAMC is very good about working around your schedule, whether it be in the summer or during the school year.

If you want to get the chance to work for a company that is very involved in helping out the community and the people it serves this is the place to be. There are many chances to get involved too.

The VAMC has tons of fun events, including a company golf tournament, picnic, bowling outing, Christmas party, and we recently had a night at the local comedy club in town. Everyone is a lot of fun to work with.

There are a lot of non-traditional perks that I was able to get in on including free catered lunches on Monday, massages on Fridays, and free drinks and snacks.

Cons

You really get thrown right into the mix. From the first day you're there the expectations are high. This can be a little nerve-wracking, but it really pushes you to make the most out of your internship experience. There is also always people there to help you out along the way.

Keep up the good work! With the rapid growth the company has and will continue to experience, efforts should be made to keep the company culture entact, as it is one of the strongest aspects of the VAMC.

Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

The people! I am surrounded by bright, talented, and motivated co-workers and managers! Everyone here has the same shoot for the moon attitude - and it's contagious! We are rewarded with lots of great perks and a very comfortable and fun working environment. Everyday when I get up for work, I know I'm going to get a lot done and laugh as well (that's a great feeling!).

Cons

There is a lot to do! Sometimes it's hard to keep up with everything. The alternative is to be bored, and that would be worse!

Keep doing what you're doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans