Veterans United Home Loans

www.veteransunited.com
  www.veteransunited.com
There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans

Take loan applications and determine if we can pre-approve clients.

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbia, MO
Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

We have a very casual environment, several perks that you don't find at other companies and great income potential. I enjoy going to work and we are offering a great service to the men and women who have or are protecting our country. I find it very rewarding and feel that we are really making a positive difference in peoples lives while being able to work for a company that does not have a "corporate America mentality", they invest in their people and allow us to be ourselves, spend time with our famillies and allow you to do some of the things that are important to you. I love it!

Cons

We don't have full control of the lenders we work with, sometimes it is tough to satisfy all the requirements from underwriting and still close loans. This is not a company issue, it is a condition of the marketplace and the current stability of the mortgage industry.

I am very satisfied with overall management, I would suggest better communication with changes that happen within the office or company and more frequent updates of the plans and future of the company.

99 Other Employee Reviews for Veterans United Home Loans (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

VA Mortgage Center.com is a great place to work. They really know how to take care of their employees. They are very receptive to employee feedback, and really take it into consideration when making plans for the furture. You can really tell they care about how we feel, and want to make sure we as employees are satisfied, which in turn, makes us more productive, and helps the company, as well!

Cons

Due to the large increase in the need for employees, there have been, it seems, sacrifices to the amount of training new employees receive. Newer hires are thrown in to the mix a little early. (However, there is very much a community atmosphere where fellow co-workers are VERY willing to help whenever they can.)

Really invest in the training and planning of new hires, so that we can maximize the experience each new hire receives. This will make the new employees feel more at ease once they are "on their own." If they feel they are being successful and feel competent at what they're doing, they're more prone to stick around for a long time.

Best Employer I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

The people are fantastic and bright, there is a ton of potential looking forward, we are able to give back to the men and women who have served our country, free Monday catered lunches, free snacks, monthly 'fun days', amazing parties/outings...I could go on for days!

Cons

There isn't much of anything that comes as a downside to working at VAMortgageCenter.com. The toughest part is hitting the deadlines and prioritizing the large number of borrowers we have, but those are tough things to deal with at any mortgage company.

You guys definitely know what you're doing. I like how change is embraced and how the main focus is looking at the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans