There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans

Take loan applications and determine if we can pre-approve clients.

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbia, MO
Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbia, MO

Pros

We have a very casual environment, several perks that you don't find at other companies and great income potential. I enjoy going to work and we are offering a great service to the men and women who have or are protecting our country. I find it very rewarding and feel that we are really making a positive difference in peoples lives while being able to work for a company that does not have a "corporate America mentality", they invest in their people and allow us to be ourselves, spend time with our famillies and allow you to do some of the things that are important to you. I love it!

Cons

We don't have full control of the lenders we work with, sometimes it is tough to satisfy all the requirements from underwriting and still close loans. This is not a company issue, it is a condition of the marketplace and the current stability of the mortgage industry.

Advice to Management

I am very satisfied with overall management, I would suggest better communication with changes that happen within the office or company and more frequent updates of the plans and future of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Veterans United Home Loans

1. Best Employer I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO

Pros

The people are fantastic and bright, there is a ton of potential looking forward, we are able to give back to the men and women who have served our country, free Monday catered lunches, free snacks, monthly 'fun days', amazing parties/outings...I could go on for days!

Cons

There isn't much of anything that comes as a downside to working at VAMortgageCenter.com. The toughest part is hitting the deadlines and prioritizing the large number of borrowers we have, but those are tough things to deal with at any mortgage company.

Advice to Management

You guys definitely know what you're doing. I like how change is embraced and how the main focus is looking at the future.

2. My home away from home

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Pros

The core values of our company mean a lot to me as they reflect a few of my personal values. I truly enjoy coming into work everyday and I think that says a lot about a company. I know many people that dread going to work on a daily basis and I am so glad that I never have that feeling in the mornings. There are so many benefits to working for VA Mortgage Center.com that there is no way I could list them all here. However, the biggest benefit is being able to help our Veterans who have done so much for us. Of course the Monday lunches, Friday massages and the very casual dress code are some great benefits!! My headline states this is "my home away from home" as it truly feels like a family here. Even though we have grown tremendously over the past few years I have been here, it still feels like a really big family. I could not imagine working anywhere else. I have definitely found my career here and look forward to climbing upward in the company. :)

Cons

Parking tends to be a big issue as the company continues to grow. It's not that parking far away bothers me, but there is limited parking due to all of the surrounding businesses. There are times there is truly no place to park. I miss not having profit sharing or end of year bonuses. I'm very surprised by this since it is growing so fast. It seems the company spends a LOT of money on parties but doesn't offer a year end bonus or gain sharing of any type.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! It would be really nice if we had a building big enough for all of us. I sometimes feel since all the managers have offices, they forget about the people sitting in hallways, breakrooms, old closets, etc. Besides that - everything you do is amazing!