Veterans United Home Loans

www.veteransunited.com
There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans

Great Place to work

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

Free lunch on Mondays,Great Company events,Top notch, always putting employees first and that is very important. Amazing people

Cons

I really don't have any bad things to say about the company. Sometimes communication with upper management can be hard, but not bad.

Keep doing what you do! This is a great company to work for and the values are great for everyone.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Veterans United Home Loans (View Most Recent)

Amazing Team

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

The group of people here are awesome. It is a great team of people who really care about taking care of the customers as well as each other. The company pushes values consistently and are ones that are easy to get behind.

Cons

As the company grows, there is trouble keeping up with office space requirements and is resulting in just adding new offices. But being in multiple offices separates people a bit and makes it hard to get to know people in other departments.

Do more communication with the employees. The blog posts are helping, but even more would be better.

Delivering Results with Integrity

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

For me, some of the best reasons to work at VAMC are our company values: Be Passionate and have fun, Deliver Results with integrity, and Enhance Lives every day.

After working for other companies dedicated to acheiving results no matter the cost, it is great to work for a place where passion and integrity are so highly prized, and the end goal is to enhance lives. I have held several positions in my time at VAMC, and found each to be challenging and rewarding.

Mortgage brokers and internet based companies have gotten a bad rap in recent years, but I can say that VAMC breaks the mold in every sense. I have always been encouraged to hold our clients' best interests first, even on the rare occasion when that meant recommending that they pursue another option than our company.

Within the work place, hard work is recognized and rewarded with opportunities for upward mobility, and employees' personal goals and needs are given great importance as well. Group opportunities for volunteering and family events are frequent, and really help develop a team mentality. I have grown both as an individual and as a team member from the company sponsored book studies.

VAMC is different than other companies because the things that make it best come from the top down.

Cons

As others have said, I feel that the biggest downsides are the frequent changes that come with a rapidly growing company. If a month goes by without visiting the main office, I'm sure to find that many people have moved since I've last been there.

I think you need to keep doing what you're doing: don't lose sight of your values and passion in the midst of growth, and make sure you do things on purpose- not just because they're the natural next step in the process. Thanks for making VAMC a great place to work!

There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans