Veterans United Home Loans

Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans

Great Place to work

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

Free lunch on Mondays,Great Company events,Top notch, always putting employees first and that is very important. Amazing people

Cons

I really don't have any bad things to say about the company. Sometimes communication with upper management can be hard, but not bad.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! This is a great company to work for and the values are great for everyone.

reviews filtered by

Delivering Results with Integrity

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

For me, some of the best reasons to work at VAMC are our company values: Be Passionate and have fun, Deliver Results with integrity, and Enhance Lives every day.

After working for other companies dedicated to acheiving results no matter the cost, it is great to work for a place where passion and integrity are so highly prized, and the end goal is to enhance lives. I have held several positions in my time at VAMC, and found each to be challenging and rewarding.

Mortgage brokers and internet based companies have gotten a bad rap in recent years, but I can say that VAMC breaks the mold in every sense. I have always been encouraged to hold our clients' best interests first, even on the rare occasion when that meant recommending that they pursue another option than our company.

Within the work place, hard work is recognized and rewarded with opportunities for upward mobility, and employees' personal goals and needs are given great importance as well. Group opportunities for volunteering and family events are frequent, and really help develop a team mentality. I have grown both as an individual and as a team member from the company sponsored book studies.

VAMC is different than other companies because the things that make it best come from the top down.

Cons

As others have said, I feel that the biggest downsides are the frequent changes that come with a rapidly growing company. If a month goes by without visiting the main office, I'm sure to find that many people have moved since I've last been there.

Advice to Management

I think you need to keep doing what you're doing: don't lose sight of your values and passion in the midst of growth, and make sure you do things on purpose- not just because they're the natural next step in the process. Thanks for making VAMC a great place to work!

Great company..I'm a lifer!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans

Pros

I love the laid back, casual feeling of the company. My superiors are easily approachable on issues and I can trust they have my best interest at heart. We do many great things as a company, starting by providing a quality service to our US Veterans, supporting our community thru chartiable efforts, and celebrating all victories as a company. I enjoy coming to work everyday and have made many friends.

Cons

Can be somewhat stressful during the peak seasons, but would rather be busy than bored. Sometimes would rather be compensated thru bonuses than several parties a year.

Advice to Management

More of a connection between management and employees. Sometimes I feel expectations get lost in translation and tasks can be overloaded in some departments. But I enjoy being a part of the progress of becoming the best place to have a career!

There are newer employer reviews for Veterans United Home Loans