My Time At Vips

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at ViPS as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Set hours. Decent pay. Friendly co-workers and mgmt.

Cons

Constantly reassured that contract would be flipped to full time employee as soon as ink dried on merger, along with several other contractors. Ink dried and faded, and we were never flipped. Then GDIT/Vips lost the contract rebid, and the contractors were obviously not a priority.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great people

I have been working at ViPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic community of people to work with, insurance options are okay, casual dress, flex time and some positions allow telecommuting.

Cons

Salary increases are a joke, promotional opportunities lacking, being good at your job does not guarantee you will be able to move up in the organization, no SICK time, crappy vacation time, management does not recognize educational achievement, some managers not qualified and have horrible people skills

Advice to Management

Provide better health insurance options, bring back sick time, recognize those who complete training by promoting and paying better, listen to employees, mentor those with leadership potentional.

Past Experience

Former Employee - Principal Field Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Principal Field Technician in San Antonio, TX

I worked at ViPS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for; great people to work with; I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 years at General Dynamics; they even trained and sent me to school. I worked in 3 different areas and enjoyed all personnel all of the time. I still have friendships with some of the people I worked with even though I know live in a different city and state.

Cons

I really cannot remember any negatives except when the stock started falling and losing in the 401k area. I hope they make it easier to turn people around because one lady in Virginia Beach was moved twice and still could not get along with people.

Advice to Management

Utilize TQM. It is a great system and works well for everyone. I see it all the time that it can be very helpful to a a lot of companies especially companies that are stuck in the way they do things for example: my son works for an auto dealership and they are stuck in doing things one way and one way only and they fail miserable on a daily basis.