Via Christi Health System

www.via-christi.org

Secure, friendly...unempowering, mediocre

Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsThe mission and values are forefront, and decisions are made according to them (from my experience). Of the places I have worked, the OVERALL culture and environment is among the best. The people are great; people are genuinely friendly across all levels of the organization. It's great to work in such a dynamic place, working with people from so many different backgrounds and disciplines. The work is secure, and people around you generally work pretty hard.

ConsLike any job, experience likely varies greatly by department and manager. One thing that I dislike was how much things changed in terms of organizational structure and job responsibilities within the first 2 months of my employment--it felt a like like an old bait-and-switch because my role was different than what was conveyed to me when I took the job, and within 6 weeks, I was reporting to a different manager. I feel that my team has trust issues, and that manifests itself into tight controls, gatekeeping, disempowerment, and fiefdom building. I felt quickly that I was working as a long-term intern rather than as an experienced, educated professional. My perception is that it can be hard to build a long-term career, as not a lot of people in upper-management are "home grown," but this seems typical in the healthcare industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange is part of the DNA of health care, so there's not a lot you can do about the constant turn, but it can wear on people. Do what you can to take engagement and empowerment seriously, or the job will turn into a meat grinder, exacerbating the problem. Stick to the mission and values!

Too much turnover in upper management, no coherent plan for growth.

Staff RN (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

I have been working at Via Christi Health System

Pros: Staffing levels are adequate Good supply chain for medical supplies Pay scale is comparable to other hospitals… Cons: Upper management is constantly in disarray, multiple changes in the last few years RN's are required to float anywhere, at any time, including other facilities Benefits have… Advice to Senior Management: 1: Keep a competent and coherent management team in place. The constant changes at the top do us rank and file types no favors, and… More

I Love the job

CNA (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

I have been working at Via Christi Health System

Pros: Via Christi is a very Professional system. I work in a Via Christi Villiage and everything we do is to the highest level… Cons: some drawbacks i see Is the overall teamwork between shifts.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Via Christi Health System.

Worked for Via Christi Health System? Contribute to the Community!