Via Christi Health System
www.via-christi.org Wichita, KS 5000+ Employees

Outstanding commitment to people

I have been working at Via Christi Health System full-time for less than a year

ProsA genuine concern for people as customers and employees. The historical, non-profit, focus on healthcare management is significantly refreshing. Stewardship is one of the core values, and ensuring that financial performance is maintained is critical. This is done, however, with a strong bent toward ensuring that patient care and employee satisfaction are priority.

ConsSimilar to any organization with multiple campuses, you have to work at ensuring you stay in contact with your peers in other locations. It is easy to get involved in the day to day work and forget to reach out.

A slow motion train wreck

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Via Christi Health System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: They provide some valuable services to the community Cons: Inept management, ridiculous amounts of micromanagement, extremely poor treatment of staff, slashes in benefits and wage freezes, elimination of entire departments while paying lip service… Advice to Senior Management: Fire yourselves. Immediately. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Frustrating

Nursing (Current Employee)
Wichita, KS

I have been working at Via Christi Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Facilities are nice, good equipment, supplies. Cons: #1 problem is Administration !!!! Constant turnover! They get in the way of meaningful change. Stuck in bureaucratic autocracy, no empowerment or… Advice to Senior Management: Read the cons. If mgmt would go on a year's vacation… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Via Christi Health System.

Worked for Via Christi Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Via Christi Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Via Christi Health System CEO Jeff Korsmo. All reviews posted anonymously by Via Christi Health System employees.