ViaSat
www.viasat.com Carlsbad, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great company but happiness depends on what project you're on

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Carlsbad, CA

ProsFlexible, comfortable, casual work environment. People are friendly, and the Carlsbad campus is very nice. If you're on the right project and are a meaningful contributor, you'll be recognized and typically be given interesting and challenging work. Lots of smart people to learn from. Most employees are very happy. If you're self-motivated, intelligent, and friendly, you'll probably do well at ViaSat.

ConsSome projects are understaffed and weekends can be necessary to get the work done on time. Schedules can be unreasonable as projects are often won by promising unrealistic short schedules to the customer. If you're not a self-starter, you may get lost in the noise. If you're on a project with a couple of "rock star" engineers, you may not get the interesting work.

Great Company with a Good Future

I have been working at ViaSat full-time for more than a year

Pros: Relaxed environment, good people where you can grow! Cons: Not much really, could have a better job growth structure Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Internship

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at ViaSat part-time for more than a year

Pros: Best internship a student could as for, managers are really flexible with your schedule and very understanding. Great environment and employee group, lots of… Cons: Not that I could think of from the top of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ViaSat.

Worked for ViaSat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ViaSat reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ViaSat CEO Mark D. Dankberg. All reviews posted anonymously by ViaSat employees.