There are newer employer reviews for ViaSat

Hope to be here awhile

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Engineering in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at ViaSat

Pros

Really, really smart people to work with. I've had the opportunity to work on different programs and grow my skills. They're not big on job titles (junior hardware engineer or a senior hardware engineer, etc) and don't have organizational charts with can be a pro or con depending on how you look at it. The point is for everyone to be able to add value and not have it based on a level. Since I'm more junior and have seen this in action (I'm listened to and my input has been used) it works for me. Great benefits. They gave me a good offer and fair raises. Overall it's a great place to work - I've made a lot of friends, we have access to a full gym and every so often there's a fun event.

Cons

The communication from top management in the company is not very impressive. Also - Hire/build stronger people managers (technical skills are not the only skills)

Inform your employees of things going on within the company.

117 Other Employee Reviews for ViaSat (View Most Recent)

ViaSat Intern

Current Employee - EE Intern  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - EE Intern in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at ViaSat

Pros

The environment is very lax

Cons

Not the highest paying company

Please provide more feedback to the employees

Viasat - A good place.

Former Employee - Software Engineer IV  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer IV in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at ViaSat

Pros

Good life work balance. Excellent benefits, compensation is fair and meets with local standards. Management has good skills and has the ability to see far enough into the future to make good calls on where the company needs to be positioned.

Cons

Long hours are typical and they don't approve of people who think differently than the accepted management norm. If you are out of the box, they will not assist you in growth.

Watch growth more carefully. You don't have to cut people just to save money, and cutting people lowers moral for all, causing others to wonder if they should leave as well.

There are newer employer reviews for ViaSat

Worked for ViaSat? Contribute to the Community!