ViaSat

www.viasat.com

Interesting Mix of Corporate Cultures

Software Engineering (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsThere are innovative ideas at play at ViaSat. The company is fast-growing, and is extremely diverse in the fields they explore. ViaSat contracts with the government, but also offers consumer and commercial products and services.

There are so many divisions of ViaSat, one may find exactly what they're looking for in either Satellite Communications, IT, Finance, Human Resources, or many other business segments.

ConsMy experience with the company was plagued somewhat by bureaucracy, an issue evident in most larger companies. The project I worked on seemed somewhat ill-defined, as an endeavor to develop methods to connect the many different business areas at ViaSat.

The diversity of ViaSat's pursuits can sometimes stifle its growth, as a lack of communication between its business areas can lead to difficulty in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, ViaSat's strengths and weakness both come from its diversity. I would advise that more be done to facilitate communication between business areas, in the form of software and infrastructure. Currently, many such tools have been deployed, but are underutilized.

Top down management

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

I have been working at ViaSat full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good flexible working environment in a great city. Cons: Total lack of recognition of opinion or experience of non… Advice to Senior Management: Stop keeping bonus for upper management only. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Smart People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

I worked at ViaSat full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They hire only smart people...so you will learn a lot… Cons: Roots are in government contracting, which makes change difficult at times Their mantra is "Do the right thing"...which… Advice to Senior Management: You can learn a lot here...just have to be motivated Some individuals don't contribute significantly, because… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ViaSat.

Worked for ViaSat? Contribute to the Community!