ViaWest

www.viawest.net

Lost Years of my Career

Lead Role (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsCool view of the Rocky Mountains. Benefits are pretty good. Can get pretty busy but this is actually not a good thing.. it's complete chaos. I did get a title though.

ConsCompany acts as though you owe them your time. Constant threats of write ups from micromanagers at every level. The worst was the former VP and his cowboy frat boy mentality. Oh boy. The benefits as I said are pretty good, but getting time off is not easy. I read some of these other reviews and it's true that there is a call center mentality. I got promoted but it took forever and mostly because so many people figured it out and left. People get promoted in areas where they have no experience, and end up being trained by the very people who were denied promotions. I'm sorry but I have to tell the truth. No decision ever makes sense or has any transparency. Company cares nothing for the employees, and can not be honest with its employees. I'm not disgruntled I just hope to maybe change one person's mind that is thinking of working here at least those with experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt a minimum, be up front with your practices. That way people can prepare themselves for how things are really done there. This is more or less deception and you should throw this one thing out and perhaps that would be acceptable. Also stop sending your HR people to the site and saying false positive things, it's obvious and a well-known secret. Turn this thing around and get some real positive reviews instead.

Dream job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at ViaWest

Pros: Viawest is a great company to work for, it's one of the leaders in it's field for a reason, it treats the employees right, and… Cons: I really haven't come across any cons. the only possible con is 12 hour… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. The employees are your most… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Viawest hires people for dead-end careers.

Decline to State (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at ViaWest

Pros: There are none. Take the job if you need basic benefits for a little while.… Cons: Lack of transparency. Lack of promotion opportunities. Mistruths and brainwashing from management. Do you like tracking every minute of what you do… Advice to Senior Management: Sooner or later treating people this way is going to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ViaWest.

Worked for ViaWest? Contribute to the Community!