There are newer employer reviews for ViaWest

Lost Years of my Career

Former Employee - Lead Role  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Lead Role in Denver, CO

I worked at ViaWest

Pros

Cool view of the Rocky Mountains. Benefits are pretty good. Can get pretty busy but this is actually not a good thing.. it's complete chaos. I did get a title though.

Cons

Company acts as though you owe them your time. Constant threats of write ups from micromanagers at every level. The worst was the former VP and his cowboy frat boy mentality. Oh boy. The benefits as I said are pretty good, but getting time off is not easy. I read some of these other reviews and it's true that there is a call center mentality. I got promoted but it took forever and mostly because so many people figured it out and left. People get promoted in areas where they have no experience, and end up being trained by the very people who were denied promotions. I'm sorry but I have to tell the truth. No decision ever makes sense or has any transparency. Company cares nothing for the employees, and can not be honest with its employees. I'm not disgruntled I just hope to maybe change one person's mind that is thinking of working here at least those with experience.

At a minimum, be up front with your practices. That way people can prepare themselves for how things are really done there. This is more or less deception and you should throw this one thing out and perhaps that would be acceptable. Also stop sending your HR people to the site and saying false positive things, it's obvious and a well-known secret. Turn this thing around and get some real positive reviews instead.

12 Other Employee Reviews for ViaWest (View Most Recent)

Dream job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ViaWest

Pros

Viawest is a great company to work for, it's one of the leaders in it's field for a reason, it treats the employees right, and in turn the employees give the customers great service. Management doesn't hold you at arm length or breath down your neck, they talk to you and actually care. Management, and pretty much everyone becomes more of a friend than a co-worker.

Cons

I really haven't come across any cons. the only possible con is 12 hour shifts are a bit long, however it gives you more days off in the week.

Keep up the good work. The employees are your most valuable asset, and you know it. Viawest has great capabilities.

Viawest hires people for dead-end careers.

Current Employee - Decline to State  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Denver, CO

I have been working at ViaWest

Pros

There are none. Take the job if you need basic benefits for a little while. Don't believe the "best companies to work for" thing in Colorado. It's a scam.

Cons

Lack of transparency. Lack of promotion opportunities. Mistruths and brainwashing from management.
    Do you like tracking every minute of what you do every day? Down to the minute? Do you like that feeling where you're working at a McDonald's? This is basically a fast food joint.
    Do you like being told you are expendable every month? You can be replaced easily, that's an actual monthly statement from senior management.

Sooner or later treating people this way is going to create some real problems for you.

There are newer employer reviews for ViaWest

Worked for ViaWest? Contribute to the Community!