ViaWest
www.viawest.net Denver, CO 50 to 149 Employees

Security professionals, until/unless managment cleans up their act, your integrity and reputations will be at stake.

Security (Current Employee)

I have been working at ViaWest full-time

ProsIf it were not for the currently broke management, and in my opinion a nefarious counter culture, creating a generally oppressive cult like environment. The compensation and benefits would be fairly competitive.

ConsOnly, "Yes" Men/Women wanted, extended employment requires one to just nod and smile and your time in service may be temporarily extended. Expected to be a puppet where your reputation is on the line and your input is discouraged and in fact may result in termination.

Lack of focus on challenges or potential issues and to look for risk transference, reduction or mitigation as is customary in security. Focus on such things is strongly discouraged.

Over committing and under delivering, due to contributors not being consulted prior to setting deadlines for tasks that will take weeks set out for only days. Work life balance although promised, is not practicable and thus is not viable.

Cult like obedience, where one cannot speak truth or kindly of anyone departed, is required. To do otherwise may and probably will cost you your job.

Incoherent requests where successful completion of the resulting unintelligible tasks is never possible, as whatever you think was requested is always wrong and to asking for direction or clarification results in sanctions.

Wild wild west mentality, you never know what you are going to be ordered to do. Separation of duties, is not feasible here.

Expected to stick it to your co-workers on in-feasible arbitrary requirements without any compliance requirement or security best practice to back it up. Expected to stand your ground enforcing things that are misrepresented, and when challenged have no validity and thus having no leg to stand on.

Not allowing others to use technology and techniques they are comfortable with to meet compliance and security requirements. Forced instead to order others to use technology and techniques they are not necessarily competent with or comfortable using.

Token core values that only apply to management when convenient.
Adherence to three pillars/core values by contributors may be cause for termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up before our brand hits the basement at terminal velocity.

Our ViaWest three pillar core values are fundamentally sound. Unfortunately managements actions show that the meaning has been lost. Currently it is as if they’re just vestigial words for values, not currenlty upheld at ViaWest. Relearn the meaning of and uphold, these core values:
Deliver Excellence
Speak Up
Give the benefit of the doubt

Fast moving sales cycles

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at ViaWest full-time for more than a year

Pros: Dynamic sales environment. leading edge products, great commissions when quotas… Cons: Stressful and competitive sales environment, have one bad sales quarter… Advice to Senior Management: None No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just a job, definitely not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ViaWest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Job stability; a big player in the region, not likely… Cons: Management is out of touch with how things are on the front lines. Some tier 1/2 engineers get more work than others due… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on ViaWest.

Worked for ViaWest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ViaWest reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ViaWest CEO Nancy Phillips. All reviews posted anonymously by ViaWest employees.