There are newer employer reviews for ViaWest

Dream job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ViaWest

Pros

Viawest is a great company to work for, it's one of the leaders in it's field for a reason, it treats the employees right, and in turn the employees give the customers great service. Management doesn't hold you at arm length or breath down your neck, they talk to you and actually care. Management, and pretty much everyone becomes more of a friend than a co-worker.

Cons

I really haven't come across any cons. the only possible con is 12 hour shifts are a bit long, however it gives you more days off in the week.

Keep up the good work. The employees are your most valuable asset, and you know it. Viawest has great capabilities.

14 Other Employee Reviews for ViaWest (View Most Recent)

Viawest hires people for dead-end careers.

Current Employee - Decline to State in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Denver, CO

I have been working at ViaWest

Pros

There are none. Take the job if you need basic benefits for a little while. Don't believe the "best companies to work for" thing in Colorado. It's a scam.

Cons

Lack of transparency. Lack of promotion opportunities. Mistruths and brainwashing from management.
    Do you like tracking every minute of what you do every day? Down to the minute? Do you like that feeling where you're working at a McDonald's? This is basically a fast food joint.
    Do you like being told you are expendable every month? You can be replaced easily, that's an actual monthly statement from senior management.

Sooner or later treating people this way is going to create some real problems for you.

ViaWest is a great company and I enjoy working here.

Current Employee - NOC/Operations
    Current Employee - NOC/Operations

I have been working at ViaWest

Pros

-Professional environment
    -Career advancement opportunities
    -Growing company
    -Responsive management
    -Knowledgeable coworkers
    -Great benefits
    -Fair compensation
    -Good coffee provided to employees

Cons

-24/7/265 environment presents challenges
    -Issues due to rapid growth

I would say that overall ViaWest management is doing a very good job.
    However, I would recommend that management continue to highly value their employees.
    A lot is expected of ViaWest employees and management needs to realize that their employees are central to the growth and advancement of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for ViaWest