Viacom

www.viacom.com

A chaos storm of epic proportions that is fast slipping in the digital media world

ProsSome nice people, fun vibe, benefits are ok, have every tool needed for success.

If you want to work 9-5(ish) and just kind of drift along, might be good environment.

ConsNo real career opportunities (don't believe recruiters), after talking to other folks it's typical to get stuck in your same position for a long time, lots of pretending/not much actual knowledge.

Also, you're going to be at your starting salary (with minimal bumps) for a very long time. Be aware of that.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a vision that does more than celebrate diversity. Viacom could be OWNING the digital space right now. But there's a reason why Hulu is the number one monetized video ad site right now.

Pay well, but for a reason...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Viacom

Pros: Great brands, fun perks, some old school media benefits. Cons: Crazy, chaotic environment. Very political. More

Politics and who you know rules

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Viacom full-time

Pros: Very casual environment, super talented and cool lower level people,… Cons: Unless you are "in" with someone up in the company, don't expect to get anywhere. The execs let people under them (usually middle management)… Advice to Senior Management: LIsten to the constructive criticism of all people at all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Viacom.

Worked for Viacom? Contribute to the Community!