Viacom

Don't join Simon & Schuster

Editor (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Viacom

ProsI worked in publishing. Top management doesn't care about that. But if you work in another division, that might be good. I think that the people at some of the other divisions had a far better experience than I did.

Great cafeteria. The cafeteria is one of the best in NYC.

ConsCompany is too big. Management has no understanding of what parts of the company do. Parts of the company are starved of resources. If you work there, there's no opportunity for advancement, and the focus is on cutting costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what your company does. Invest in the publishing arm. Or sell it to someone who cares and would invest in it.

Good

Marketing (Former Employee)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I worked at Viacom as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Environment is pretty flexible and fun Cons: Datelines sometimes are very tight Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Working for MTV.com

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Viacom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: MTV.com was a great, flexible, and exciting place to work Cons: Lagged technologically. Everything new that was implemented was at… Advice to Senior Management: Allow developers to explore and embrace new technologies Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Viacom.

Worked for Viacom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Viacom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Viacom CEO Philippe P. Dauman. All reviews posted anonymously by Viacom employees.