Viacom
www.viacom.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Fun Company, Flexible Work/Life, But for Low Pay

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Viacom

ProsGreat content, flexible dress code, summer hours. It can be a fun environment since MTVN is in the building, and there is a good buzz because of that.

ConsSystems are a mess (accounting, IT, food service, Travel, etc.). Salaries are well below metropolitan salaries and livable wages. Also, our location puts you in Times Square, which can at times be exciting, but can also create problems when commuting or just needing to find a good, inexpensive meal quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay, give bigger raises for those who merit it, get rid of employees who are average or below. I also think there is a habit of not promoting people who should be promoted, while promoting people into people-management positions when their only experience has been on-the-job training as a regular worker.

I guess every company has it's pros and cons...

I have been working at Viacom

Pros: It's very casual, comfortable, and laid back environment. They provide many opportunities to… Cons: They do not care about their freelancers and many are very underpaid. They would rather spend their money on stupid petty things, such as parties… Advice to Senior Management: Don't let anyone work more than 50 or 60 hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't join Simon & Schuster

Editor (Former Employee)

I worked at Viacom

Pros: I worked in publishing. Top management doesn't care about that. But if you work in another division, that might be good. I think that the… Cons: Company is too big. Management has no understanding of what parts of the company do. Parts of the company… Advice to Senior Management: Learn what your company does. Invest in the publishing arm. Or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Viacom.

Worked for Viacom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Viacom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Viacom CEO Philippe P. Dauman. All reviews posted anonymously by Viacom employees.