Viacom

www.viacom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Viacom

I have been working at Viacom

Pros

Viacom is a place where employees are truly passionate about what they do and creativity is the driving force of the company. Viacom has an experienced senior exec staff and knows how to create short and long-term value. We are in good hands.

Cons

Sometimes the programming can be edgy and with that comes a negative reaction from the public, which puts what you do in a negative light.

More regular, and casual communication would be great vs today we get very formal updates on our financial results each quarter.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Viacom (View Most Recent)

Work hard, rewarded well. life balance, great benefits. occasional mgmt slip ups but the market does correct itself

I have been working at Viacom

Pros

specifically nickelodeon there is work / life balance and flex time. Remote working supported. cream does rise to top eventually

Cons

big company can move slowly

spend time looking below your direct reports to their direct reports. a large company has many levels of hierarchy, all of which are very intelligent and skilled at what they do. How they feel about their managers can be a good indication as to how your direct reports are doing.

Unfortunate

I worked at Viacom

Pros

The benefits and compensation were very good and much better than the benefits at previous jobs. This was one of the reasons I accepted the position in the first place.

Cons

Management doesn't really care about the employees. I never felt I had job security when working for the company so it was hard to give my best at all times.

Care more about your employees and listen to their needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Viacom