There are newer employer reviews for Viacom

The people are very friendly here!

Current Employee - Post Production Assistant
Current Employee - Post Production Assistant

I have been working at Viacom

Pros

The people here are very friendly and are eager to help you if you need any help. The executives are caring and look out for you too.

Cons

The only downside I have I guess is the salaries aren't amazing but it's a good trade off when you go to a work in such a happy place. It would also be nice to update the computers a bit.

There's a shared drive which can be accessed by all the staff including interns. It would be safer if each folder was password protected.

189 Other Employee Reviews for Viacom (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Viacom

Pros

Viacom is a place where employees are truly passionate about what they do and creativity is the driving force of the company. Viacom has an experienced senior exec staff and knows how to create short and long-term value. We are in good hands.

Cons

Sometimes the programming can be edgy and with that comes a negative reaction from the public, which puts what you do in a negative light.

More regular, and casual communication would be great vs today we get very formal updates on our financial results each quarter.

Work hard, rewarded well. life balance, great benefits. occasional mgmt slip ups but the market does correct itself

I have been working at Viacom

Pros

specifically nickelodeon there is work / life balance and flex time. Remote working supported. cream does rise to top eventually

Cons

big company can move slowly

spend time looking below your direct reports to their direct reports. a large company has many levels of hierarchy, all of which are very intelligent and skilled at what they do. How they feel about their managers can be a good indication as to how your direct reports are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Viacom

Worked for Viacom? Contribute to the Community!