Interesting company

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Viasystems

Pros

Company grew out of some major electronics manufacturer, the culture is very diverse and I found it a good mix.

Cons

As it is still adapting to its past phenomenal growth, it sometimesw has a fair amount of package that it carries around.

Advice to Management

Keep on working to grow this company and the costs will continuously improve. The employees are still a great asset to the business.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great people

I have been working at Viasystems full-time

Pros

Great place to work and learn

Cons

None I can think of

Only if you want to do nothing but work.

Current Employee - Machine Operator
    Current Employee - Machine Operator

I have been working at Viasystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

About the only positive is that the low wages are offset a bit by copious amounts of "mandatory" overtime. Also, your fellow employees are easy enough to get along with.

Cons

When I took this job I was hired on with a "compressed" work schedule. In fact, since day one I have had to work at least 6 days a week. 5 10 hour shifts and a 12. BUT if it's the end of the quarter or year you will be required to work 7 days a week. Many departments work a month straight at the end of the quarter. That is if you're an hourly employee. Managers never have to work overtime and just leave the most tenured operator in charge. Quotas are unrealistic to the point where our quota has been set higher than the machines can physically work at some points. We are regularly left without the proper materials or training for tasks. No one who isn't management has gotten a raise in years. Making more money is always more important to this company than actually caring about their employees.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees have lives and families and this is the cause for your high turnover rates. No one has pride in their work because they're all worked too hard to care.