There are newer employer reviews for Victor Treatment Centers

I fell in love with the Victor Family.

Former Employee - Peer Counselor in Perris, CA
Former Employee - Peer Counselor in Perris, CA

I worked at Victor Treatment Centers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They need stable Peer Support Specialist to lead and guide young peers that have mental health labels.

Cons

Peer Counselor position needs to be filled by a strong leader figure.

Advice to Management

Please be kind to the peers. We are very sensitive people.

reviews filtered by

Used to be a lot better

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Victor Treatment Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make a difference in youths lives, you learn to fully trust and rely on your co-workers, great training and experience for future similar jobs.

Cons

If you don't fit into the cliques you are treated as an outsider, violent work environment due to the kinds of youth you are working with, supervisors are two faced, no more deaf program.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter if you like the person as a person who is working for you, if they do a good job thats is what counts. And everyone deserves respect!

The company's morals and ethics are not as solid as the agency claims, this agency is fueled by money and greed.

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Redding, CA
    Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Redding, CA

I have been working at Victor Treatment Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with severely emotionally disturbed children gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of these kids. If money is not your decisive factor in choosing your career, but helping people or children is; then a job that is challenging yet rewarding like this one can be beneficial and a good fit for you. If you can keep your morals and values strong, even when challenged, you will find that this can be a positive learning experience that is spiritually enriching.

Cons

Very high turnover rate, for a reason. The hours are long and grueling. The pay is not satisfactory for the services and flexibility you are expected to deliver. Administration and management are quite dishonest, and will lie and cheat in order to come out on top. The values of the agency are not held up as they are defined. It is a frustrating experience when you realize that the agency you work for is not really doing their job or part in order to help these kids; money seems to be the all powerful motivator (as it is in most aspects of the world today). The majority of people in this job for the long run are jaded and no longer in it for the right reasons. I have seen rules broken, laws broken, kids mistreated, employees not supported, and worse.

Advice to Management

Start living up to your mission statement. "Our mission is to be a catalyst for sustained improvement in the lives of those we touch."
    Start supporting your employees. Pay employees fairly, this job is emotionally and physically demanding and dangerous, we should be paid more for the services we are providing.
    Stop being dishonest to suit your needs. Honesty is a virtue. How can employees feel that they are striving toward excellence and working toward the greater good for the children we serve if you are not leading by example?