There are newer employer reviews for Victor Treatment Centers

A job for people oriented talents

Former Employee - Cook/Counslor in Santa Rosa, CA
Former Employee - Cook/Counslor in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Victor Treatment Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, "big brothering" wayward kids.

Cons

Sometimes short staffed, "younger" techs. vs. older techs. on what is appropriate behavior. Most of the younger techs. have never been a parent.

Let the older techs. lead with behavior patterns of the children.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Victor Treatment Centers (View Most Recent)

Risk out weights the rewards overall.

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Redding, CA
    Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Redding, CA

I have been working at Victor Treatment Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The fact that you can truly impact someone's life. There are some amazing people you work with residentially. The bonds you build with your team and the children will last a life time.

Cons

Middle and upper management are very dishonest. Administration don't practice what they preach and have completely lost site of the original mission. The demands they put one people below them are unrealistic. Middle management for the most part are over worked and burnt out, forced to push unrealistic expectations to the people under them. Employees who question wrong doings they see regarding client or staff treatment. Are told that they misunderstanding what they've seen or they are not inline with the mission of the company. In my time with the company I have seen some change with new leadership. Which has brought some positive change but the negative out ways it. I personally have been in meeting's that show exactly the respect A.E.D. has for the people under them. Making statements like " this is a work at will place. If they don't like it let them come see me. I'll give them a one way work to the parking lot." many variations like this. Sadly this sets the tempo for middle management. I have witnessed many great people burn out and become dishonest versions of themselves after becoming middle management. In a company that's based on taking care of people, they fail completely at caring for the individual's they serve, and they people that the ground level.

Remember who founded this company and respect his mission. Take care of the people you serve, truly put the kids first. Honor and respect the people in the trenches doing the work. If it wasn't for them holding you up, non of you would have a pedestal to look down at them from.

Out of Date Review; Hope things changed in Stockton Facilities.

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Stockton, CA

I worked at Victor Treatment Centers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

CPR Training
    Containment Training
    Lots of Hours
    Helping High Risk Kids
    Making positive Changes In their Lives

Cons

High Burn Out - People go in thinking they are going to make positive changes in these kids lives over night but serious change comes from long term therapy and most people burn out quickly due to the stress this population creates for their staff.
    Staff Can Be Abusive - I witnessed a few people who seemed like descent humans beings use their containment training in manners that violated company policies.
    Hierarchy of Authority lacks professionalism.

Hold your staff accountable for their lack of concern for the safety and learning of your consumers!

There are newer employer reviews for Victor Treatment Centers