There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Good place to work for someone needing a little extra pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Gratis/Buy-ins - Occasionally you get free stuff such as bras/panties/fragrances or you can buy certain things at a drastically reduced price.
Discounts - 20%-30% depending on how long you've been there
In-depth training program "On-Boarding" - 4 to 5 days, about 4 hours a day
Pretty flexible with hours - I have a full time job along with this job and they allow me to request days off when I need it
Managers are pretty nice if you are hard working and know what you are doing
You get to try on new bra collections when they come in

Cons

A lot of work - Self Studies for new bras, bra certifications, very fast paced environment, promoting launch items and making goals for those items (especially during peak days/season)

Pay is not bad, but not good - usually around $8 depending on experience and job title

Sometimes the managers overlook the good employees - Some employees will constantly look for gratification and say everything they've done well that day (most of the time it is bare minimum) and often get the gratification they want, where as others will do something above and beyond what they are asked and not look for gratification, then go unnoticed. So if you are one to really want gratification for doing something well, announce yourself and say, "Hey, I just got a customer to buy 7 Dream Angels bras" or "Hey, I just got a customer to sign up for a credit card!"

Shop lifters - Horrible in PINK especially

Advice to Management

Do not assume the associates don't know what they are talking about/or that the associates are not working hard enough to make goals. I know we have goals that we need to make, but if the associates are doing the best they can with selling, don't jump down their throats saying they aren't doing it well enough.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I love it so far!

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Roseville, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Roseville, MI

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

I wasn't expecting to feel as if I'm a part of not only a great store team, but a family. My managers are all nice and very encouraging. The discount is great, I love the gratis' we get, and being able to know when the newest products are coming out before the public so I can answer questions. The stock/back room is clean, organized, and all employees work hard to keep it that way. Flexible hours, overall great place!

Cons

The on calls, not being able to use discount online, brand guides are very difficult.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the little people. Store managers and other managers aren't the only people who make a great store what it is.

2. I was able to learn management skills. It is easy to become a supervisor because of the high turn over of employees.

Former Employee - Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor in Lufkin, TX
    Former Employee - Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Fair Associate discount and gratis

Cons

Very high turn over rate and low compensation.