There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

At first I loved it, then I hated it.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free bras constantly, every time they come out with a new bra, they give you that bra for free. The discount is decent at 30% and we pretty much got first dibs on sale items. Also, they let you request what pay you would like to receive, and they will most likely give it to you if it is not outlandish.

Cons

They forced you to push their credit card, which as a person with a knowledge of personal finance, was a ridiculous card to have and for moral reasons I refused to push on anyone. Also, I was once told that because I look like a "Barbie" I should be the "model" that greats customers, as a future attorney, I didn't appreciate the analogy. Also, I broke my ankle while working there and they wouldn't let me lean on anything while working the floor because it was "company policy". And for those concerned with hours, you are forced to be on call a certain number of days in the week.

Advice to Management

From my experience in working retail, do not put all of your focus on the customer, be kind to your employees and they will help you sell even more. I was a great employee and I was treated terribly.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

1. Underpaid and overworked. Managers contradict their selves a well as each other.

Current Employee - Bra Specialist in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Bra Specialist in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for short term or partime Gratis Flexibility

Cons

not team oriented. little pay for amount of work load managers lack loyalty to associates favoritism managers lack passion for the category assigned

Advice to Management

Care more about associates and less about giving in to customers just for a sale.

2. Okay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

The hours avaliable during peak season.

Cons

The pay as a retail sales associates is a con.