Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com

At first I loved it, then I hated it.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Annapolis, MD
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

Pros

Free bras constantly, every time they come out with a new bra, they give you that bra for free. The discount is decent at 30% and we pretty much got first dibs on sale items. Also, they let you request what pay you would like to receive, and they will most likely give it to you if it is not outlandish.

Cons

They forced you to push their credit card, which as a person with a knowledge of personal finance, was a ridiculous card to have and for moral reasons I refused to push on anyone. Also, I was once told that because I look like a "Barbie" I should be the "model" that greats customers, as a future attorney, I didn't appreciate the analogy. Also, I broke my ankle while working there and they wouldn't let me lean on anything while working the floor because it was "company policy". And for those concerned with hours, you are forced to be on call a certain number of days in the week.

From my experience in working retail, do not put all of your focus on the customer, be kind to your employees and they will help you sell even more. I was a great employee and I was treated terribly.

Other reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Underpaid and overworked. Managers contradict their selves a well as each other.

Current Employee - Bra Specialist  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Bra Specialist in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

Good for short term or partime
    Gratis
    Flexibility

Cons

not team oriented.
    little pay for amount of work load
    managers lack loyalty to associates
    favoritism
    managers lack passion for the category assigned

Care more about associates and less about giving in to customers just for a sale.

Pink! Amazing!

Former Employee - Co - Manager  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Co - Manager in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Fun, good learning experience!
    Great discount and the merchandise is so nice. I was very proud to have great associates! Corporate was always very kind and understanding.

Cons

Long shifts! Never got to spend time with my baby and husband, that was the reason I left! Su very sad thought!

You guys rule! Thank you so much for everything! Really one of the best most organized companies ever! So very proud of you all!

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!