There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Loved the work, but there is typical corporate politics

Former Employee - Project Manager in Reynoldsburg, OH
Former Employee - Project Manager in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, good benefits and salary; fun, challenging, and rewarding work that I LOVED!

Cons

If you don't have an advocate and you've not formed a relationship with the executives, they'll find a way to push you out, regardless of the quality of your work.

Advice to Management

Judge people for their work.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Backwards Management Priorities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

Discount Meeting new people Well known brand

Cons

Lack of support from DM level and above Favoritism by DM and above -if not on correct list easily driven out of position Insufficient training No room for work/life balance Over abundance of drama working with young girls in their late teens and early twenty's.

Advice to Management

When determining a root cause for performance opportunities maybe start with you full time dedicated tenured Manager first. Give support and advice to grow the business instead of gathering gossip from pt employees and lower level management. Their is a reason SM turn over is so high for this area.

Work over hours, no consideration, its a mess

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1 Free bra(not guaranteed) Always smelled good 20% Discount Got the job the first visit Supervisors encouraged associates to SELL SELL SELL- it motivated I was moved into different areas- it was okay i guess- I gained knowladge of the entire products VS offered

Cons

Obligated to ask every single person if they needed help, and stick on them like an annoying mosquito- some people just dont want to be bothered over and over again- It was stressful having supervisors come to you asking over and over "did you ask this person and that person and again an again" **Had to make a certain amount of Credit Card applications a day (i THINK THATS TOTALLY WRONG) One day I had to close and because I didn't hit the number of CC I couldn't LEAVE- I had to make my sister who picked me up to apply so I can go home-she didnt even want to and she didnt even get accepted! Insane! I felt so abused- NEVER AGAIN will I let someone restrain me to benefit them in commission or something. I will never forget I worked from 6am to 6pm one day- it was hectic and unappreciated I am traumatized by the experience I went through working there. Everyone has different supervisors so my experience cant be compared to another person- maybe it was just a bad time for that particular store and the manager/owner was pressuring the supervisors who knows- but- I will never work there again.