There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Love this company!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great structure
-Happy culture
-room for growth
-lots of perks for employees

Cons

-starting pay could be better!

Everyone does a great job! As most retail goes....Managers, STAY OUT OF THE OFFICE!

reviews filtered by

Challenging and very fast-paced environment that provides a new level of a customer service experience.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great employee discount and exclusive offers for employees only, fast growth within company and position.

Cons

Often stressful and pressing deadlines, demanding goals, frustrated customers who don't always want assistance.

I understand we are a top brand in the retail and fashion industry, but sometimes the management tends to let out their frustrations upon the employees when deadlines are short or times are pressing. I understand in this economy it is every man for themselves, but oftentimes while working with customers it can get nearly ridiculous when we are almost forced to open credit or sell to a goal and people are not necessarily interested in spending so much money or do not want to be bothered. I have been in the scenario where a customer left the store in anger because she was upset over feeling like she was being forced to buy something. I think that management needs to realize from time to time that especially in pressing times you need to be reasonable as well as efficient. Working to the customers needs is a priority, but also making sure the employee is comfortable is essential to making things happen.

Extremely underpaid, for the amount of work we had to do we only made an hourly wage.

Former Employee - Sales Associate, LEAD in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate, LEAD in Houston, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

We got a free bra everytime they did a launch so probably every 3 months?

Cons

We were constantly micromanaged and pressured to make hourly, daily, and weekly sales goals (without commission) as well as sell credit- we were forced to be obnoxious and pushy (such as asking the same customers repeatedly if they needed "help" in the hopes of making a sale instead of just once or when they actually wanted it), credit cards were pushed as store cards, it was implied that we were suppose to gloss over the fact they were actual credit cards- managers stressed this was simply a duty of the job but neglected to mention they earned bonuses for each card which explains the fact why this was pushed so hard at my particular store while others showed little to no signs that associates had to sell credit.

The incentive for all of this was simply to get hours, my store made a point of hiring as many part time employees as they could to avoid paying benefits, hours were extremely inconsistent and varied weekly due to how well the managers thought you did that week which led to very little job security.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores