Victoria's Secret Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Love this company!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great structure
-Happy culture
-room for growth
-lots of perks for employees

Cons

-starting pay could be better!

Everyone does a great job! As most retail goes....Managers, STAY OUT OF THE OFFICE!

1533 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

Challenging and very fast-paced environment that provides a new level of a customer service experience.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great employee discount and exclusive offers for employees only, fast growth within company and position.

Cons

Often stressful and pressing deadlines, demanding goals, frustrated customers who don't always want assistance.

I understand we are a top brand in the retail and fashion industry, but sometimes the management tends to let out their frustrations upon the employees when deadlines are short or times are pressing. I understand in this economy it is every man for themselves, but oftentimes while working with customers it can get nearly ridiculous when we are almost forced to open credit or sell to a goal and people are not necessarily interested in spending so much money or do not want to be bothered. I have been in the scenario where a customer left the store in anger because she was upset over feeling like she was being forced to buy something. I think that management needs to realize from time to time that especially in pressing times you need to be reasonable as well as efficient. Working to the customers needs is a priority, but also making sure the employee is comfortable is essential to making things happen.

I loved working there

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

1.You start working with a group of new employees so you become friends and don't have to worry about feeling left out with the current employees.
    2. Its easy work. Greeting people not hard. Showing people were merchandises is.
    3. Working in the stock room is easy work too. You don't really deal with the people, you keep all clothes organized. You apply sensors to everything and just record what merchandises you received.
    4. Changing the floor displays are a easy as well because you are given a picture of exactly how the rooms need to look with details.
    5. Overall the managers I had were all nice and flexible with needing days off or switching days with anther employee.

Cons

I really didn't like the fact that they try to make you sell the store credit card. They want you to be persistent in asking. If a person doesn't want it you should stop asking. I never sold one card and I never had a problem.

the other con is that when you are stationed in one room your not supposed to move from that room. So when a person asks you " can you please show me where the pink panty thats on is?" you have to tell them its in the back room but someone there will help you. Sometimes the person thats supposed to help in that section mayn't be a nice as you are and ignores the person you just sent over all together.

Not all employees are nice or considerate. Some seem to have an attitude problem and feel superior to everyone around them. These were the people that I would just stay away from. And when I go to the stores now I still stay away from these people.

And I just don't like how the stores have become so massive...

Learn to focus on one task at a time. If you are interviewing a person don''t walk away to talk about scheduling right in front of the interviewee. They can hear you and its just bad manners to ignore people to talk about gossip. Pay more attention to your employees. There is a lot of internal stealing going on. They take of the sensors in the back room of of what they want, they go the front of the store and buy something small, and then when there done paying they say they forgot something in the back room. They go to the back with their little pink bag and when no ones around or even in the bath room they put the stuff they want to steal on the bottom of the bag and pink stuffing paper over it looking all cute and then the thing they bought on the top. So that when they walk out and the store manager checks their bag all they see is the item bought and they walk out with hands full of panty's and what not. Half the time its the people that get buddy, buddy with the managers that do this.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores