Victoria's Secret Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Love this company!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great structure
-Happy culture
-room for growth
-lots of perks for employees

Cons

-starting pay could be better!

Everyone does a great job! As most retail goes....Managers, STAY OUT OF THE OFFICE!

1810 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

Extremely underpaid, for the amount of work we had to do we only made an hourly wage.

Former Employee - Sales Associate, LEAD in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate, LEAD in Houston, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

We got a free bra everytime they did a launch so probably every 3 months?

Cons

We were constantly micromanaged and pressured to make hourly, daily, and weekly sales goals (without commission) as well as sell credit- we were forced to be obnoxious and pushy (such as asking the same customers repeatedly if they needed "help" in the hopes of making a sale instead of just once or when they actually wanted it), credit cards were pushed as store cards, it was implied that we were suppose to gloss over the fact they were actual credit cards- managers stressed this was simply a duty of the job but neglected to mention they earned bonuses for each card which explains the fact why this was pushed so hard at my particular store while others showed little to no signs that associates had to sell credit.

The incentive for all of this was simply to get hours, my store made a point of hiring as many part time employees as they could to avoid paying benefits, hours were extremely inconsistent and varied weekly due to how well the managers thought you did that week which led to very little job security.

Overworked, way underpaid

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Offers paid management training program. Store associates and management are generally very nice and easy and fun to work with. "Gratis" or free or reduced price merchandise are excellent perk.

Cons

After a 20 year professional career in PR, advertising, etc., I cannot believe how much VS expects of its employees for $7.47 an hour!!! You are forced to stay several hours past your shift at times to clean after closing and/or complete floor sets. Management is selfish; they care only about reaching their sales goals each segment at all costs and will hound employees to be pushy to get this done. Many of their sales policies would make me run quickly if I were a customer.

BACK OFF!! Stop hounding employees to selfishly look good to your supervisors. Promote qualified staff and not outsiders from other stores!! Let employees go at their scheduled time and/or schedule them for the hours you really expect to keep them or schedule more people for closings. It's only minimum wage your paying for God's sake! This is a multi-billion dollar company!

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores