Victoria's Secret Stores

Think before you apply!

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  East Lansing, MI
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in East Lansing, MI

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

developing great relationships with customers.

Cons

if you already graduated from high school this is your one way ticket back. constant bullying and harassment from management for those who are not in the "in crowd'.Its funny that their fashion show was in support of the anti bullying campaign last year. They will also only schedule you 4 hrs a week because there aren't enough hours, yet they will hire in 10 new people. it takes a lot of knowledge and commitment to learn everything efficiently and productively to be able to "listen,connect and inspire" a client, yet they keep their turnover rate high. this is why the unemployment rate it sky rocketing. because its easier for them to hire in a bunch of people who are just there for the discount as apposed to people who really care about their job, company and clients. and that's 3 years worth of advice so if anyone is wondering I wasn't a short stint employee.

stop playing favorites and on that note stop playing games. We are all adults and as such need to remember that we are working for a major company that is focused on empowering women! At the end of the day your there for the company and the customers. NOT to gossip about who said what and try to get people fired. There shouldn't be an "inner circle" within management. END OF STORY. I dont know why that was so hard to understand. also, calling the help hotline is useless. I used it several times which ended in the gal pal district manager talking to the store managers, who were the people i was having the problem in the first place. Because of such I (after 3 years of working with this company and only 1 customer complaint ) am no longer with the company due to retaliation from reporting the harassment by my managers.Overall I miss my customers and I miss helping women, but my dedication to the job wasn't enough to overcome the hour cuts and overall harassment I endured each day. I can easily say these issues are store specific as I worked at more than 1 store and had no issues at my other location.

1480 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been with the company for over three years and I love it. The company treats their employees great for the most part. Pay is great compared to other companies. Fun work environment. Most of the people who work here are great and check their egos at the door. Easy to change departments and move around within the company.

Cons

Takes a long time to get promoted in any department. Sometimes it's hard to have a work/life balance depending what department you're in. You may have to work long hours, or take conference calls early in the morning or late at night.

I've had good managers and bad managers. Most have been good. To the bad ones - just try to encourage your employees to grow within their role.

The people make the job fun

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

The discount is good, the job attracts fun/energetic people

Cons

Working holidays is never fun in any job, but it is retail so that part is expected. The biggest problem I have found with the company is the in-store management teams. There is not enough professionalism. Girls quit very often because they are treated badly. Others are promoted to positions based on their friendship with the managers and not their quality of work or level of readiness for such a position. I have heard from associates at other stores that this problem with in-store management is widespread.

Managers should be trained properly, act professionally, and their behavior should be to a standard that reflects the salary and benefits they earn. They often act so catty and unprofessional, you would assume they earned the barely above minimum wage that is payed to the sales associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!