Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com
  www.victoriassecret.com
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Surprisingly a fun, gratifying place to work

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate  in  Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee Gratis!!! The company is really generous when it comes to keeping their employees satisfied
Sexy atmosphere: surrounded by pink, bras, and panties I mean how can you not love that!
Fun customers: sassy but classy women and men (shopping for their signifcant others) who feel so out of place; in retail, esp. at VS you'd expect loads of rude customers but you just have to kill with kindness; I've had one customer try to get rude but she didn't get far!

Cons

Hours take a nose dive after holidays
"call-ins": semi-scheduling where one must call in an hour before schedule to confirm if they have to work or not
Floor-sets- staying late in to the night to change store decor; not terrible but horrible if someone decides to call out

When I first began, I was hardly told what to do even after asking. It would help things flow a lot smoother if management was more direct in issuing tasks to employees. Other than that I love my managers and the company, its really a great place to work!

1480 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

VS is like working with High School kids!

Current Employee - Design  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Design in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Looks good on the resume

Cons

Too many to list.
    ~ Corrupt management! Be aware of retaliation if you are being abused! No one cares about the work ethic or talent. Some managers only come in twice a week, just because they can, and complain they are being "overworked and super busy". Some managers buy and take samples just because they can.... VS is all about who your friends are, and about perception ones create. Worst job I've had in 20 years.

Watch your upper management, SVP, AVPs ~ they are all taking advantage !

Happy to work for this company overall

Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate  in  Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

love my co-workers, feel empowered by management, rewarding helping customers shopping for themselves or for gift, I believe in the quality of our merchandise, and the discount and gratis' are nice

Cons

on calls, on calls, on calls, holiday and semi-annual time just because it's nuts

I work at a fairly big store and there are a handful of managers, I love all of them. They are all wonderful and instill a sense of store pride in all of us as well as letting us know how much they value us. I know my managers don't have a choice but to schedule on calls, and I get why they use them, but they really are the only true downside to working for this company. They make it hard to plan your life and to be excited about working sometimes.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!