It is an okay place to work if you don't want to work a lot.

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good associate discounts, especially if you are a Pink girl. Got some Pink outfis for free.

Cons

For part time associates they would cancel shifts if the store was not busy. A lot of my shifts got cancelled or I was told to go home early. Always got pressured to make sales goals and to open up credit cards. Pay was barely over minimum wage and never got an increase in the 6 months I worked there.

Give better pay to sales associates and try to give better hours instead of hiring more and more workers.

Other Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Cashier, Sales Floor Associate, Elevated Back Room Associate.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Victoria's Secret management is good at hiring complimentary personalities to staff their stores. I have had very few personal problems with any single person in the years I have worked here. Getting along with one's colleagues makes it much easier to be productive.

Cons

Working a retail position at times requires working some odd hours. Especially as a part time associate, flexibility in terms of scheduling is required. However in my experience, management at Victoria's Secret does not adhere the approved availability of associates. This makes it hard to have an appropriate work/life balance.

Hidden Secrets of Victoria Secret Associate Retail Life

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

Connecting with other customers and employees about the fun Victoria's Secret Products. The brand/culturemessage is positive. Loved some of the managers to pieces - really good people.

Cons

You are owned by the brand. You sign away all your rights. Part-Time Associates do not have a voice if they feel there is an in-justice. ( no union for accountability) Also, benefits that a Starbucks/Trader Joe's (customer service) part-time employee would have do not exist for Victoria's Secret employees. Also, when starting off as an associate, expect an un-predictable weekly schedule (on-call shifts) and heavy lifting (setting up Brand Guides, Semi-Annual Sales) - I feared for my public safety everyday on the job and always took my time if I had to move/set up fixtures and/or take out trash/recycling. Do NOT get seduced by the brand that you are selling, unless your intention is to have a career in retail or with this company. I am writing this for the girls who are thinking about a part-time job through college or whatever. I have had many co-worker friends complain to me as a fellow associate about hours, working conditions, and what not. There are better jobs out there.

I have no ill will towards any of the managers I had. Once again, they were all just doing their job and good people.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!