Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com

Great company to work for if you are a college student

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Seattle, WA

Pros

Management is very understanding and respectful about your availability. The have great monthly gratis' to help promote their products through personal testimony. Very customer-loyalty driven environment. Great at giving instructions before starting shifts (unless busy-understandable).

Cons

Tons of promotions, but can't keep track of when they end or start. (Thank goodness for the their Facebook Page.) I work less than 20 hours a week, yet no basic health benefits.

Scheduled follow-ups with employees would be nice. Allows opportunity to share some feedback with both parties.

Other reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Hidden Secrets of Victoria Secret Associate Retail Life

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Connecting with other customers and employees about the fun Victoria's Secret Products. The brand/culturemessage is positive. Loved some of the managers to pieces - really good people.

Cons

You are owned by the brand. You sign away all your rights. Part-Time Associates do not have a voice if they feel there is an in-justice. ( no union for accountability) Also, benefits that a Starbucks/Trader Joe's (customer service) part-time employee would have do not exist for Victoria's Secret employees. Also, when starting off as an associate, expect an un-predictable weekly schedule (on-call shifts) and heavy lifting (setting up Brand Guides, Semi-Annual Sales) - I feared for my public safety everyday on the job and always took my time if I had to move/set up fixtures and/or take out trash/recycling. Do NOT get seduced by the brand that you are selling, unless your intention is to have a career in retail or with this company. I am writing this for the girls who are thinking about a part-time job through college or whatever. I have had many co-worker friends complain to me as a fellow associate about hours, working conditions, and what not. There are better jobs out there.

I have no ill will towards any of the managers I had. Once again, they were all just doing their job and good people.

Cashier, Sales Floor Associate, Elevated Back Room Associate.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Victoria's Secret management is good at hiring complimentary personalities to staff their stores. I have had very few personal problems with any single person in the years I have worked here. Getting along with one's colleagues makes it much easier to be productive.

Cons

Working a retail position at times requires working some odd hours. Especially as a part time associate, flexibility in terms of scheduling is required. However in my experience, management at Victoria's Secret does not adhere the approved availability of associates. This makes it hard to have an appropriate work/life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!