Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com
  www.victoriassecret.com
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Great Company...but workplace environment is petty and

Former Employee - Planner in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Planner in Columbus, OH

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has awesome benefits and talks a great game...If the business actually ran how the company claims this would be a great place to work.. but it doesn't.

Cons

Plan to work at least 60 plus hours a week and dealing with very petty and vain women. (FYI Men do not see upward mobility within the company) You will put in long hours and you will be expected to work through lunch everyday... if you need to leave for a doctor appointment that time will be taken out of your 17 days of vacation/sick... they do not consider that you make up the time by working 60 hours a week.

Management has favorites and will only listen to those people, unfortunately most of the favorites are right out of Ohio State and have no experience in business...

1667 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

It is an okay place to work if you don't want to work a lot.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good associate discounts, especially if you are a Pink girl. Got some Pink outfis for free.

Cons

For part time associates they would cancel shifts if the store was not busy. A lot of my shifts got cancelled or I was told to go home early. Always got pressured to make sales goals and to open up credit cards. Pay was barely over minimum wage and never got an increase in the 6 months I worked there.

Give better pay to sales associates and try to give better hours instead of hiring more and more workers.

Cashier, Sales Floor Associate, Elevated Back Room Associate.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Victoria's Secret management is good at hiring complimentary personalities to staff their stores. I have had very few personal problems with any single person in the years I have worked here. Getting along with one's colleagues makes it much easier to be productive.

Cons

Working a retail position at times requires working some odd hours. Especially as a part time associate, flexibility in terms of scheduling is required. However in my experience, management at Victoria's Secret does not adhere the approved availability of associates. This makes it hard to have an appropriate work/life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores