There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Great Company...but workplace environment is petty and

Former Employee - Planner in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Planner in Columbus, OH

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has awesome benefits and talks a great game...If the business actually ran how the company claims this would be a great place to work.. but it doesn't.

Cons

Plan to work at least 60 plus hours a week and dealing with very petty and vain women. (FYI Men do not see upward mobility within the company) You will put in long hours and you will be expected to work through lunch everyday... if you need to leave for a doctor appointment that time will be taken out of your 17 days of vacation/sick... they do not consider that you make up the time by working 60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Management has favorites and will only listen to those people, unfortunately most of the favorites are right out of Ohio State and have no experience in business...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company to work for if you are a college student

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very understanding and respectful about your availability. The have great monthly gratis' to help promote their products through personal testimony. Very customer-loyalty driven environment. Great at giving instructions before starting shifts (unless busy-understandable).

Cons

Tons of promotions, but can't keep track of when they end or start. (Thank goodness for the their Facebook Page.) I work less than 20 hours a week, yet no basic health benefits.

Advice to Management

Scheduled follow-ups with employees would be nice. Allows opportunity to share some feedback with both parties.

2. Happy to work for this company overall

Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

love my co-workers, feel empowered by management, rewarding helping customers shopping for themselves or for gift, I believe in the quality of our merchandise, and the discount and gratis' are nice

Cons

on calls, on calls, on calls, holiday and semi-annual time just because it's nuts

Advice to Management

I work at a fairly big store and there are a handful of managers, I love all of them. They are all wonderful and instill a sense of store pride in all of us as well as letting us know how much they value us. I know my managers don't have a choice but to schedule on calls, and I get why they use them, but they really are the only true downside to working for this company. They make it hard to plan your life and to be excited about working sometimes.