Complex, fast-paced place to work

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is very good about recognizing great performance with great bonuses, all-expense paid trips, etc. You also get a great discount and free or heavily discounted bras, panties, perfumes, etc.

Cons

There are quite a few very poor performing district managers in place that are not being performance managed. They are unfortunately loosing great store managers and functional managers because of them.

Treat your store managers how you want your manager to treat you.

Other Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Great company to work for, but be prepared to work! Hard!

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Riverside, CA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great women to work with and amazing incentives!

Cons

Working inconsistent hours. If you have a closing shift, you could be working til 4 am. You cannot leave until the store is set to standard every night, sometimes only have two other workers with you.

Remember what it is like to be a part time employee, they work very hard for the short amount of time they are there!

if you are driven, you'll go far..

Current Employee - Functional Manager
    Current Employee - Functional Manager

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

i've worked for the company for five years and now, at 24 I am a full time salaried manager with paid vacation, benefits and the perks of working for one of the most well known brands in the world. I admit I am a very driven person and have partnered with a lot of people in the district to get to where I am. Amazing discount (all the time) and gratis from the company occasionally.

Cons

I don't think its a con, but some people will. managers do not hold your hand. if you want to be promoted or move on to "next" you have to prove yourself. The district I work in is highly competitive and that means the best of the best get noticed, so set yourself apart but follow the brand strategy.

well, it's all women in my district and I would just encourage everyone to remember we all have emoltional highs and lows. continue to embrace the human side first and the brand second.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!