Victoria's Secret Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Great company, unprofessional management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great customer service and marketing techniques

Cons

Hired managers for store where unprofessional and young minded

Secret shoppers should be unknown and workers unaware of day/time frame to expect a secret shopper

1548 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

A great company!

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

High profile company, good room for advancement

Cons

It is retail so of course the hours and communication

Worst Job I ever had.

Former Employee - Processing in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Processing in Danbury, CT

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The discount, even though it was only 30%. And that one rare manager tat was great, and that I'm friends with now that I don't work there.

Cons

The entire management team was terrible, the overnights were terrible, and the way they treat the staff was terrible. I was part of the processing team. Which meant I had to be at the store at 6AM, I had two other jobs and was a full time student at the time so it was the only time I could work. This job is constant work, you are never just standing around. The store does not have air conditioning on at this point so it is hot as hell in there and you have to wear all black. I felt like I was going to pass out multiple times.

Working more than the people who stand around during their whole shift and answer questions, I still got paid less then them. The overnights were worse because you would be scheduled from 8PM until 4AM (8 hours typically, it did vary), and end up staying until 6AM with no option to leave and again NO AIR CONDITIONING. It was literally slave labor. I got out as fast as I could. Also, it is drama infested. The people that work there (minus a few) are snippy and gossip way too much.

Change EVERYTHING about your work ethic, because it sucks. Or hire descent managers and maybe you'll keep an effective staff. I'm a hard worker and their were terrible employees being promoted to pointless, made up positions over me. They probably knew I would say no. Get some morals and treat your staff accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores