Don't make this your career unless you already have mgmt experience but the perks are worth working there otherwise.

Former Employee - Bra Specialist  in  Miami, FL
Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Miami, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Gratis!- free perfumes/lotions/etc samples so you can try the products you sell, plus a free bra (usually nude or black though) or only at $15 when its being promoted. Every now and then they also give them for free, depending on what it is. My managers were very enthusiastic and it was great to work there, it's a company where you learn a lot about intimates and the options so just the experience itself was worth it. As a woman it's great to get comfortable in your own skin & know the options you have and as a man it's a great benefit to know what to buy for a woman.

Cons

It can get catty since there are so many women working together but this depends on management. Also, I got this job through a friend who had been there for 3 years. He worked hard, tried to get a management position but it never happened. I, with 4 years of management experience didn't even get chosen as a supervisor- you really have to sell yourself in this company! It is slow in promoting within and sometimes the work environment feels very apathetic.

Employ less people and give employees more hours.

Other Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. We had awesome benefits, I felt like I was always getting a free goodie. We got to buy new bras for $15 too, which was great. You meet a lot of people working there, and they promote customer service, which was important to me.

Cons

Tedious work at times. You are constantly doing a lot of folding and cleaning. Sometimes we would have to stay until 2am because management was running late for corporate checks.

Great Overall Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

This is a fast moving, never satisfied, constantly re-inventing itself type of company. If you're looking for a company where you can coast through an easy 9-5...this company isn't for you. If you're looking for a company that will constantly challenge you, constantly re-invent itself, and will teach you more than you ever expected...this is the right place.

Cons

As the company grows, the bureaucracy grows with it. The company has tried to do so much, that competing priorities (and leadership) is sometimes confusing for stores to prioritize.

Ensure priorities and direction is aligned not only through the "company" messaging, but through all facets of leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!