A family or a company?

Current Employee - Category Manager
Current Employee - Category Manager

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Victoria's Secret is more like a family than a company. They care about your development, about the customer and about your work/life balance. They give millions to charity every year as well as associate incentives. They (along with your help) create an experience for the customer, not just a store to shop in.

Cons

None. It's retail so you have the same customer issues as anyone else but the company gives you millions of ways to resolve them.

Advice to Management

Follow up with development and create more connectivity when possible.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Awesome first retail experience with plenty of room to grow!

Current Employee - PINK Sales Associate
    Current Employee - PINK Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AMAZING discounts! 50% off 10 items for every floorset as well as 50% three beauty items (per each floorset). Regular discount is 20% and then it gets bumped to 30% after 60 days. Very flexible schedules, awesome for college students. Realistic sales goals (I can only speak for my store). Cute and comfy dress code! PINK or similar attire, so like sweatpants, yoga pants, leggings, skirts, dresses, etc. Pretty easy to learn everything overall - took me less than a month to master cashwrap, shipments/processing, backroom, fitting, and general sales. PLENTY OF ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES! If you want to move up in the company talk to your store manager and show that you deserve it!

Cons

Call in shifts really stink because you can never really plan out your day or week, but that's part-time retail. No bonuses for exceeding sales goals. I really wish we made commission on how many credit cards we "sold" as a better incentive - or something like that. Minimum wage stinks.

Advice to Management

Maybe implement more incentives for the associates to sell bras and Angel Cards.

It's alright.

Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fun work environment - Discounts - Customer interaction - Lots of tools available to learn about the product and how to promote the brand better

Cons

- Micromanagement - Hard to fit in - Not flexible with hours

Advice to Management

Don't talk down to your employees; condescension isn't going to get you anywhere.