Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

It's been great but a little frustrating

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

They offer great benefits (if you're full time), they give pretty good discounts and specials to employees, and they do let you and encourage you to move up within the company.

Cons

Upper management is so worried about numbers that they'll hire almost anyone with good former titles but that won't necessarily do a good job and may not know how to manage. But I guess that's not everyone... I'm talking about DM level...

pay attention to and listen carefully to your employees, company standards won't always work for everyone at every store...

1823 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

great gig for retail management

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great pay and benefits when compared to other retailers

Cons

often times not a set schedule (but that is the nature of the beast)

My VS Experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This discount was great, and I loved the girls that I worked with. I worked hard and consistently so my hours were fairly regular in terms of scheduling.

Cons

Closing after a huge rush on the weekends was awful; but that's to be expected in a store like VS with a large range of products and floor space. Some of the managers were ego maniacs and took their job way too seriously. There was also much favoritism and even some sabotage which tends to happen in a largely female managed business. Job security is not certain; if you want to transfer to another store and it's a higher volume than the one you currently work at, you have to re-interview for them to see if you are cut out for a high traffic store. Lastly, we are expected to act like we work in a commission environment and record every sale we make individually. However, we are not given any incentives for making or overachieving sales goals. Yet they will cut your hours and penalize you if you don't make your goals. Very cheap and unfair.

Act professionally. Promote associates based on their merit and not your personal feelings towards them.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores