Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com
  www.victoriassecret.com
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

I couldn't ask for a better company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great team to work with, job satisfaction from helping customers, family environment, wonderful learning experience

Cons

working on weekends, constantly on your feet

1553 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

Sexiest Store on Earth

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Helpful staff, fun coworkers, good discount, exposure to international clientele

Cons

Long hours, early start time during holiday, didn't get schedule until last minute

Great job!

Good First Job

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked in two locations, one in CO and one in WY. I definitely loved working for the company in WY. Great employees, friendly management. I received a great discount and employees receive a lot of benefits and have first dibs on promotional items. The job taught me so much that will be relevant for future jobs. I was given so much more responsibility than I would have expected, but it all came with time and I was happy to have it. You are trained in every area (registers, fitting rooms, a little bit of processing, online orders, floor sets, window marketing, etc.) of the store. My store did not have a high turnover rate, so we all got along every well and did not have to help train new girls too often.

Cons

Pay- Unless you are doing this job as a way to get out of the house because you are bored, or if you're just taking it as a summer job to make a little spending cash, you are going to be dissappointed. You will not be able to pay the bills or support yourself on this salary. I made minimum wage and received a $0.10 raise. Claire's and AE made a dollar more an hour than us, and (although I have never worked at these locations) I believe we have to know much more about our products and have more responsibility. Many customers assumed we worked on commission because we treat our guests so well and sometimes spend 45+ mins with them just to get them in the right bra.

Schedule- Again, unless you have open availability or need some consistancy, you are going to be dissappointed. Luckily, I had open availability and came in whenever they called me, and I was working about 25 hours every week (once it was 5 hours and once it was over 30).Your hours are different every week, you do not work the same days every week, and you are not guaranteed hours. I know some retail stores work every MWF from 9-3 or something like that, but that is not how it is here. You also have call in shifts that you cannot leave town for until you know they do not need you. Remember that it is retail, and the hours are hard. Once we were there until 2-3AM taking inventory. You need to be okay with this before accepting a job here.

My management in WY was amazing. Very friendly, willing to help, and did not have favorites (which is so common in an all female work environment). I really disliked management in CO... but to each their own.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores