There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Catty environment, does not uphold core values

Former Employee - Beauty Specialist in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Beauty Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discount on bras and you get to try the new product out
Inspiring core values set by company

Cons

Very catty environment. I would even hear management gossiping about others.
They pull you in with the inspirational core values of the company, but do not uphold them.
Training is WRONG - you should NEVER measure a woman's band size by going OVER her chest!! So inaccurate! If there were no bras in store that matched the client's size, we were told to sell them the closest we had, which wasn't even close sometimes (i.e. 42 band customers and cup sizes over DD). "The perfect fit" my rear end.
Management was patronizing and unsupportive of their employees - I walked into my 6am opening semi-annual shift with the manager I had worked with multiple times before asking me if I worked there.
Virtually no training on beauty items for the beauty specialists - when a new product came out we were handed little flyers with minimal information on them. Selling was more about fragrance. You were SOL on trying to sell impulse items because there are no testers.

Advice to Management

Uphold the core values of Limited Brands. Create a more positive work environment. Care about the client's needs rather than selling a bra they will need to return anyway.

reviews filtered by
  1. Manager

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

there are great people to work with

Cons

don't have anything negative to say

My experience here was okay.

Current Employee - Cashier in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

During holiday there are a lot of hours and there is a good employee discount.

Cons

Lack of movement in the company, people getting position they don't deserve, and not using their best talent to their advantage in a positive way.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to who really keeps everything in line when you're not around.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores