Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com

VSD has changed dramatically over the past several years; and not for the better

Pros

Working for a world known brand and a large corporation

Cons

Management micro manages every detail. This RED tape inhibits business growth by not focusing on larger things that will drive total channel business

Invest in your employees, career path, develop and train, and promote from with in

Other reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

The Worst Retailer To Work For!!

Current Employee - Director  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH

Pros

Compensation is pretty good and there is an employee discount that is pretty good - but you will have no time to yourself to appreciate either because they will have you working 24/7, spinning on worthless nonsense and political BS!

Cons

Read through the reviews. There are major problems here. Especially in Direct and specifically with its senior leadership team (starting with the CEO). There have been strong, talented leaders who really made a difference but the ego centric, insecure, politically minded squeeze them out. Several months ago, we lost one of the most talented and effective leaders this organization has ever seen. Our department and business was devastated. Still no one has been hired to replace him. Everything you read about the CEO is true - unfortunately. Just ask about her if you are considering coming to VSD. Also, my friend was in HR at direct and she said that they go onto Glass Door and some of the other social sites and post positive messages to counter all of the negative messages employees post about VS Direct. So beware. Most of the more positive messages you read here are NOT real.

This company could be great - but someone at the HIGHEST level needs to clean out the ineffective, insecure, incapable executives and replace them with professionals who could actually lead, inspire and transform.

get ready to feel super taken advantage of

Pros

30% discount, some gratises

edit: haha it won't let me submit without entering 5 words for "pros." i guess i didn't even have that.

Cons

You can't leave without having a manager check your bag, so you'll take off your radio, clock out, and then kill some off-the-clock time looking or waiting for someone to allow you to go home. Same goes for every lunch and break. If you want to hit the food court for lunch, your precious thirty minute lunch is automatically gonna be a 25 min because good luck finding the oner person that needs to check you out.

If you're like me, you will be in a training where you are NOT told that employees can't use gift cards, and then request victorias secret gift cards for Christmas, and end up with $250 in victorias secret cards that you're not allowed to use. When I unknowingly when to make a purchase with them, I was told I couldn't use them as an employee. I thought they meant I couldn't use my employee discount with gift cards, so I said it's ok charge me full price, and was told that not only could i not do that, i was "lucky it's at this store and not another one because if you had taken these to another victoria's secret you would've gotten fired for even having gift cards on you." that was news to me... my manager suggested i explain the situation to the people that gave me the gift cards and to have them get a refund and take their cash instead. wtf?

for call-ins you have to call two hours in advance, but who knows how long you'll have to wait on hold while an associate finds/asks the manager if they're going to take your call in. i see employees call in, get put on hold, and then totally forgotten about while they spend 10 to 15 minutes waiting to hear back. it's ridiculous that employees, on their off time, are responsible to have to call in and navigate getting put on hold, possibly being forgotten, and having to call back just to get put on hold again,to find out if they need to work.

you'll probably be asked to stay late on a regular basis. i have open availability, but they're constantly asking me to stay extra hours, and if you can't they'll ask why (SUPER INAPPROPRIATE). i have open availability, you can schedule me any day, any hours, and i'm never a no show, and you have the nerves to ask me why i'm not going to stay past my scheduled hours?

sales associates are expected to sell as if they're making commission even though they don't.

if you do win a raffle of some sort, there's going to be limited colors/styles. i hope you're crazy about the orange and green hibiscus print that's being discontinued, because that's the only color that will be left in your size for you to collect your free item.

come up with a better system for call ins. allow employees to clock out from the time that they're ACTUALLY allowed to leave

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!