Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Good company that works around your time

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The team does feel like family, (I guess it depends on which store), it's a fun job, discount is good, and you occasionally get free bras and panties. There is also great flexibility in schedules so it's really good during school!

Cons

Like every other retail job, weekends and holidays are hard to get off. It's a little hard to move up in the company because favoritism does play a factor.

Give more feedback to employees and let them know when they're doing good.

1747 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

Roller Coaster Ride

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount.
    Flexible hours.
    Co-workers are so friendly.

Cons

No room for advancement.
    Management is pretty awful.
    Sales trackers are annoying when we don't even get commission!
    Low pay.
    Crazy hours.
    Over staffed so short shifts.

Don't over staff. Most girls working here are college students and 10 hours a week doesn't do much for us. Longer shifts would be ideal instead of 4 hours. Be professional! Management is constantly gossiping about the girls that work there! To get any kind of elevated position you have to be best friends with the store manager in our store. She hires who she likes NOT who's best for the position. The store is ran sloppy and they try to create structure in all the wrong ways! Turn over rate has been high as of lately. That speaks more of management than of the employees. Overall if the VS you work for has a good management team then you'll enjoy your job. Co-workers become more like family and you have fun. That was the atmosphere before our store was taken over by new management.

Great to work for, depending on the location

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Victoria's Secret differs from regular retail in the fact that we also sell and experience/service. The customers are often grateful and appreciative of your help, and it's a great atmosphere that supplies multiple chances each day to make women happy and confident. There are also great perks to the job, like free items to try.

Cons

Your happiness and stress level really depend on the location. The company sets great standards, but management is often too busy or not overseen enough to care.

Be more involved in the day-to-day action within the stores; it makes things so much better for associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores