Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com
  www.victoriassecret.com
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

worked seasonal as winter job between fall and spring semester

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores as a contractor

Pros

it was easy work. there was not a challenge, you knew exactly what was going to happen at work. I worked with a good group of people, but i don't think it would be nice working there if you didn't like the people. Also, it was nice because they gave you free stuff. When a new perfume launched, i got a free bottle of the body spray mist. it was pretty straight forward.

Cons

it was so easy and boring. I was frustrated with the scheduling policies because we would find out our schedule so last minute and then there would be a person desperate to get their time covered. I didn't know I would be scheduled for overnight stocking shifts when I was hired on either. Overall, I did not like working here, but I don't think I would like working in any retail environment

Rather than have power trips, listen to employees. I felt like my boss resented me because I was in college and had a successful future and she didn't like her job.

1612 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

It's retail...

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- I worked in Pink, and there were occasional free items like bras, panties, body products
    - if you get lucky with the store you work at, you can make some good friends here

Cons

Management is terrible. My store manager barely graduated from high school (a fact she openly admitted) It can get terribly frustrating working for managers who you know you're more qualified than (education-wise, but I'm a university student). Managers are generally unprofessional, and probably jaded by the fact their degree led them to working in retail... or else they're hoping they can work their way up within the company by taking a store manager position (totally unlikely, if you work for this company you will not move up an inch). After-hours work can be lengthy, and there are even overnight shifts at some times during the year, which all employees must work, not just people who work in the back. Customers can be excruciating to deal with, but that's expected at any retail job. Managers force you to be so adamant at selling to every customer, that a lot of customers are visibly uncomfortable, but if you leave them alone to shop you will be chastised. Despite visits from the CEO and other higher ups, this obsession with upselling hasn't changed, though it rarely works when hiring high-school or early college aged kids. High turnover.

Take a serious look at how your store employees interact with customers. It's painful for both parties involved because high school and college kids have no experience in sales, and management is just as clueless. Store managers are dishonest, and even cruel at times. Definitely unprofessional.

Category manager

Current Employee - Lingerie Category Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lingerie Category Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the company philosophy of listen, connect and inspire both associates and customers. The company is very generous in giving you a sample or actual item for free or at a major discount of the new product coming out. This will let you speak on the item for personal testimony.

Cons

It's hard to get a work life balance. Paperwork is ridiculous, everyday I think each store kills a tree. On call shifts which associates can stand.

Take ownership in your team to create work life balance for your team. Promote within and show pt associates you are paying attention to what they are doing. Maintain communication with your team to make sure everyone is consistent in giving the same answers.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores