Victoria's Secret Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Okay...

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in The Woodlands, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Because the retail industry is such a high turnover emloyment business, it seems like it would be easy to move up in different positions if you stick around long enough. For the most part, coworkers were nice.

Cons

Schedule: Work schedule says you get off at 11pm, which means you close the store. I understand having to restock the shelves, make sure panty bars are up to company standards, etc. But sometimes we wouldn't leave until 12am or 1am in the morning. Then have to walk to our cars in the dark at the mall. That's just completely unsafe. The mall would be closed for hours by then, there's no security around and no one else left in the mall. We're always the last store to leave. My first time closing, i expected to leave by 11:15pm at the latest, i wasn't informed that 11pm really meant whenever the whole store is cleaned and up to standards. That is something that should've been explained. As a high school student, i wouldn't have excepted later shifts if i knew the manager would keep up until 1am and be upset about us complaining to leave. We would be out earlier if she wouldn't allow people in the store an hour after the store closes. We aren't allowed to clean while there are customers in the store.

Take the advice and hear out the workers. Don't play favorites and abide by the rules. Manager want to throw rules in people's faces, but won't follow protocol themselves. Allow people to learn various areas. It makes no sense to have 4 people on registers in an empty store and one person on the floor and not allow someone to learn how to efectively work the floor. Work smarter not harder.

1667 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

OK for short term employment, but don't expect too much room to grow with the company.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Obviously the best pro to working at VS is the 30% discount (40% for Christmas). Sadly, that's also a con. My paychecks always seemed to go right back into the store. I got along with the majority of the girls I worked with as well as the managers. They really try to get you excited and motivated before you start your shift which is nice.

Cons

My main problem working here was how much was expected out of the associates and the lack of reward. This is retail, so yes, you will be expected to make sales and strive to make the store's sales goals, but managers will also stress you constantly about getting people to open an Angel card. You don't get any commission, just a pat on the back. At your yearly review, you may get a little raise if you did well with selling Angel cards, but the raise is a joke! Pay is maybe a nickel above minimum wage, so that alone is a reason why I say this job is only ok for the short term. I tried my best to get them credit cards but honestly, there was no real incentive so I didn't beat myself up if I left a shift without opening an Angel card. Another con would be some of the clientele you deal with. Super snobby, spoiled girls who expect you to wait on them hand and foot. But that's something that really can't be avoided.

Don't push employees to harass customers. The customer doesn't always want to be bombarded with sales pitches. Letting a customer shop in peace should be more of a priority. Women in general will almost always want to walk out with something anyway. As women, we fall for the color schemes and don't need an associate talking to us every time we jump from one zone to another.

Bra specialist

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Best employee discount. Usually they give bras for $15 or even free to employees

Cons

Lack of management leadership is one of the worse part of the store. Store manager do not plan the schedule as it should be. They overwork the same associates limiting the hours that they give to the rest of the employees. Moreover closing shift are always the worst. Associates never know what time they will be out. It could be anytime from 10pm to 3am and it is draining because people who close always have to open the next morning

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores