Victoria's Secret Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Fun for College-Aged Girls

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great discount-30% year round, 40% for a short time during holidays, Nice gratis buy-ins all throughout year
-Flexible hours
-Close bond with co-workers

Cons

-On call shifts (must call 2 hours before your on call shift to see if they'll be using you for your shift)
-No position is paid enough, managers make a couple dollars more than sales associates
-Raises are anywhere from literally a PENNY to 10 cents
-Open on holidays including Thanksgiving, Xmas Eve

1654 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

Victoria's Secret

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

All ladies in a casual and fun setting. Everyone has an opportunity to grow with the company if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Management was not very consistent in expectations or follow thru. Feedback was not common.

Maintain consistent communication at all levels of management and down to Sales Associates. Make hours more consistent from one week to the next for core Associates. Promotions are few and far between unless you are willing to move ( hard for college students or people with families). Raise you minimum pay if you want to maintain experienced Associates.

Great team and benefits, lots of pressure to make numbers

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed everyone I worked with, including most people in management. They were all very supportive and made clear what benefits (lots!) and opportunities to succeed were available. Flexible hours were great too

Cons

There were plenty of days that seemed like we could not possibly do a good enough job in terms of making our segments (in sales)- there was anxiety in everyone's voices and a big emphasis on the fact that we "failed" even if we were all working very hard. Also, upper management was way too interested in my private life.

Trust that the team you spent hours training want to succeed as much as you do. Oh- and if you think telling you what is stressing me out will help my work efforts you should be just as interested to hear I'm stressed due to school as you are in my co-workers' "juicy" gossip about their cheating boyfriend.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores