Victoria's Secret Stores

www.victoriassecret.com
  www.victoriassecret.com
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Love/Hate relationship with the store.

Former Employee - Specialist in McAllen, TX
Former Employee - Specialist in McAllen, TX

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount!!!! Free stuff. Being a part of a woman's possible life changing experience.

Cons

Management! Our managers were super rude and unappreciative. Better communication would've been nice as well.

Have management take courses on respecting associates.

1667 Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores (View Most Recent)

Overall a decent experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company as a whole is a great company. Their benefits and culture are a plus. Despite the fact the company many recent layoffs - its a good company for the young right out of college. Its also a good company for those who are in the lingerie /swim field. Discounts were great.

Cons

Overall the company was a great company-but when it broke down to individual areas and teams - it was very difficult. There are a lot of "clicks" and if you don't fit in -and follow -you are outcast . You will not grow within your area. Work life balance might have worked in other areas of the business -but where I worked specifically it was shunned upon especially for those who are younger parents and have a life outside of the company. You were not seen as dedicated to your work if you didn't put in 12-15 hour days and never take a vacation.

Consider treating people with respect. Some of the management was not qualified and did not know how to speak and treat their people. Coming to work to be around management who was always negative and used scare tactics to try to promote work is Not the way to treat associates. Always pointing out the negative and never praising your teams doesn't get results -it only creates a negative work space . People like to come to work knowing they are in a positive environment.

A lot of free merchandise, not very much pay.

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Head Cashier in Boulder, CO

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were also students. Their incomes were supplementary so they were pretty care free. We received free product every time there was a launch.

Cons

They do a lot of on call shifts. They don't let you know until an hour before if they need you and it is difficult to plan your life around that. They only raise your pay every 6 months and it is 20 cents. When a model gets fired from the company we have to destroy the merchandise that they are on: pouring out shower gels and fragrance. These are good products that would be very useful to a women's shelter.

I would prefer to have received less product and a higher raise.

There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores