Video Gaming Technologies

www.vgt.net
  www.vgt.net
There are newer employer reviews for Video Gaming Technologies

Leadership has lost its direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Video Gaming Technologies

Pros

Outstanding benefits ie medical coverage starts on your first day. Even offers a free daily lunch. Salary generally competitive for the area. Very profitable company in spite of its self.

Cons

A general breakdown of leadership both at corporate headquarters and in Oklahoma. A great deal of energy expended on the creation of fiefdoms and silos. Failure of leadership to commit and implement. For example a move to a new Tulsa facility has be "just around the corner" for 5 years. Lack of technical innovation in the product.

Commit and implement . I would recommend that John Yarbrough hire a board of directors and a President and step out of micro managing the company.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Video Gaming Technologies (View Most Recent)

From good to bad, really bad

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ruckersville, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ruckersville, VA

I worked at Video Gaming Technologies

Pros

Close to market level salaries, paid relocation, bonuses.
    2-hour drive to Washington, DC. Charlottesville is a nice university town.

Cons

You will be locked up in this company, there are just a few technical companies in Charlottesville area. The main employer in this area is the University of Virginia. There are also Northrop Grumman Marine Devision, GE and several smaller companies which laid off a lot of employees recently. Many companies in this area are government contractors.
    The VGT climate is very political, its middle-level management is not up to the job technically.
    It is a Windows shop which does not use the widely-used Microsoft technologies. Instead they use in-house developed solutions like VGT-COM instead of COM and DCOM. In 2010 VGT used C#, .NET very little.

Bring the dynamic and technically savvy leaders as the middle and top level managers, implement agile project management with the methodologies like scrum.

Overall positive with growing pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ruckersville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ruckersville, VA

I have been working at Video Gaming Technologies

Pros

Fairly flexible on hours worked depending on position i.e. support desk is 24/7 with shifts. Overall decent compared to other jobs however the atmosphere is somewhat political in nature.

Cons

Really need to overhaul middle management in order to move to a higher standard. Have to get away from the "this is the way we have done it" or the "well its better then it was" in order to really succeed.

Get a plan together which can be shared and stuck to. We need a long term vision that will move us from where we are today to where we want to be tomorrow.

There are newer employer reviews for Video Gaming Technologies