Video Gaming Technologies
www.vgt.net Brentwood, TN 500 to 999 Employees

A company in transition. Not necessarily a good thing.

Ruckersville, VA

I have been working at Video Gaming Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVGT is small enough that an individual can potentially make a meaningful impact to the company as a whole and not just toil away on things nobody will appreciate. Financial compensation is fair and supports a comfortable family lifestyle. Free lunches are provided along with other sundry benefits. Good health coverage and matching 401k contributions.

ConsFrom early 2011 up through 2012 today the company has undergone a very turbulent transition from the cozy "family" feel of the operation to one which is much more regimented and corporatized. In this time many senior employees who helped shape the success and personality of VGT were dismissed, lengthy development projects were cancelled, and the entire Virginia office summarily closed in favor of new kingdoms being built in Tennessee and Nevada. These events took place without any convincing words provided as to why this was "The Right Thing to Do.". Instead the impact was "We're doing this for arbitrary reasons. Deal with it."

The turmoil is far from over as many employees depart for new opportunities and their vacancies have not been filled. Meanwhile the new hires and projects in development have yet to fully gel or prove themselves with successful products on the market. The stability of the company rests on the solid and reliable revenue stream from legacy partners and support systems. This may be strong enough to last while VGT is internally broken and remade. In that respect there are many career opportunities to be had for those looking to take advantage of the situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the greatest things about VGT was the sense that you as an individual were valued for your work and that the company noticeably benefited from your efforts. The events of the past two years have undermined that sense of satisfaction in the worst possible way. This may be an effective way to "burn the ships in the New World" as Jon Yarbrough put it, but it changes the core of why you would want to stay with the company. Instead of a desire to do a good job now you just want to get a paycheck.

Good, smart people...lack of direction

Ruckersville, VA

Pros: Good working environment that allowed me to stretch my legs and take on the tasks that fit me. Really smart people… Cons: Lack of direction and decision making from the upper management ultimately took it's toll on our… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people and make a choice in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Amazingly talented people to work with

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Ruckersville, VA

Pros: Co-workers are top notch Company buys lunch for the staff each… Cons: Company has had difficulty adapting to explosive growth and the changing organizational needs of a larger company.… Advice to Senior Management: Need more management types who are more technically literate and will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Video Gaming Technologies.

Worked for Video Gaming Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Video Gaming Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Video Gaming Technologies CEO Jon P. Yarbrough. All reviews posted anonymously by Video Gaming Technologies employees.