ViewPoint Financial

www.viewpointfinancialgroup.com
  www.viewpointfinancialgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for ViewPoint Financial

Felt like a valued leader of a team.

Current Employee - Bank President in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Bank President in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial

Pros

Given the free reign to work how, when, and where I needed to get my job done. Felt very valued by my management and was appreciated and rewarded consistently for my performance.

Cons

I was hired at a very low pay level regardless of my performance. Small market area of Dallas only limited some sales opportunities.

I believe the leadership of ViewPoint Bank has done an exceptional job developing the bank defining its niche within a saturated banking market. I would work for this company again.

9 Other Employee Reviews for ViewPoint Financial (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work fo

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Plano, TX

I have been working at ViewPoint Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Better than average benefits
    -Great chance for advancement
    -Great employee rewards

The company continues to grow and move in the right direction. They are taking a bank that was previously a credit union and making it a viable threat to the bigger banks. There are great opportunites to advance with this company and compenstation is above average in my opinion.

Cons

-Systems are out of date
    -Makes operations difficult for the customer sometimes

The systems here are out of date, and at times can be difficult to navigate. The systems are the biggest downfall as of now, but they are making strides in the right direction to correct the issue

Management is great, keep up the good work. They give you the tools and knowledge to advance if that is something you choose to do.

Nice people, not necessarily competent.

I worked at ViewPoint Financial full-time

Pros

Lots of nice people and nice offices. Good location in Plano. Growing company, recently purchased Legacy Bank (ViewPoint will be taking the Legacy name). New CEO, Kevin Hannigan, seems progressive and appears to care about employees.

Cons

Individuals are promoted and kept in positions for years for political reasons without possessing necessary skills for the job, resulting in incompetence and mistakes which are blamed on lower level employees. Extreme lack of communication in my department. Training not provided, and instead of recognizing that mistakes are an indication of training needed, they were treated as "not doing what asked". Did not receive regular evaluations.

Provide skills and leadership training to management. Do not promote unless inidvidual is qualified for the position.

There are newer employer reviews for ViewPoint Financial