Solid Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vigor Industrial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Water front offices. Respectful environment with room for growth.

Cons

On paint days if you forget to cover your window, you're going to need new wipers.

Other Reviews for Vigor Industrial

A great first job out of college

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Vigor Industrial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Sales/Marketing department seems to have Vigor's most...interesting employees. Good pay for a job right out of college. Positive environment. Helpful and friendly managers/coworkers, actually interested in your personal life (perhaps a bit too interested). They took me out to lunch on my last day. Didn't have to dress all fancy for work. Best of all, there's free food to be found from time to time.

Cons

The commute to Harbor Island. Lack of benefits. Lack of youth in the office. From what I hear, after I was laid off, employees with much longer tenures than mine were dropping like flies. However, I'm sure their severance packages were a bit heartier than mine, a Christmas ham.

Too Much Too Fast.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Vigor Industrial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talented People, great ideas, benefits are decent. Good team work developed within each department. Company is really TRYING to push forward into a new culture.

Cons

Departments don't work well together. Too many mergers too quick. Company feels like a foster home with all the new acquired companies. Safety is currently goal #1, but the CEO directive is "do more with less". Sometimes feels like we're being asked to get water out of a rock.

Mergers need more guidance, team building exercises to introduce new faces. People need to feel like the new acquired company is help/support not a competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Vigor Industrial.

Worked for Vigor Industrial? Contribute to the Community!